Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really a shortage of Mosin Nagants right now ?

I overheard a conversation at Gander Mountain ( always stop by to check stock for any "special" ones ) the other day about how noone could get then in any real quantity right now.

Seems like I heard that somewhere else also.

I wanted to by my son an M44 for Christmas so I ordered a laminated stock M44 from SOG yesterday.

Just got an e-mail that they were out of stock on laminates and the plain stocks are now $ 99.

I am not too surprised on the laminate being out of stock but the price hike on the regular stock was a bit of a surprise.

That's what the local Gander Mountain sells them for.

I just bought an M44 from SOG about a month ago at $ 69.

Not trying to start a run on them or something crazy like that.

Just want to know the real scoop from you guys.

By the way, my son is 12 and loves to shoot my Finn capture Izzy 91/30.

Thought he needed his own Mosin Nagant.

Anyone have the real news ?

Thanks !

Fortyseven2n

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

That is good news.

I will check around some of the other C&R dealers online and see what I can order.

We don't have Dunhams or Big5 in North Carolina.

We do have a Gander Mountain in Greensboro so I stop there with my Mosin Nagant "cheat sheet" to check for any rare ones.

They usually have M44s and 91/30s for $99.

Not too bad if you find an ex-sniper ( saw a couple last week ) or MO or DDR.

I have not bought any there since I have my C & R but it is fun to look.

Its also interesting to listen to some of the comments !

Its also interesting to see how some of the rifles are labeled for sale.

We saw a "6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser" Carcano and an "6.5 x 55 unknown FAT" Carcano for sale.

Someone did finally correct the label after a couple of weeks !

Sadly, Bubba had already gotten hold of them or I would have bought one.

Thanks Again !

Fortyseven2n

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a new guy but I heard from the guy I bought 2 from last weekend...(after I bought by the way...not before to try and get me to buy).....that he was going to have to raise his prices soon. He said the Russians are asking $100 each now wholesale and they were getting harder to find.

What do I know? I didn't realize they've been shipping them over here since the 80s or before so I dunno.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I'm a new guy but I heard from the guy I bought 2 from last weekend...(after I bought by the way...not before to try and get me to buy).....that he was going to have to raise his prices soon. He said the Russians are asking $100 each now wholesale and they were getting harder to find.

What do I know? I didn't realize they've been shipping them over here since the 80s or before so I dunno.
I didn't think they were even coming out of Russia. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yesterday I received two 91/30s, a 1926 Hex and a 1943 round receiver. Had no problem getting them fro SOG. One was $89.95 and $79.95 respectively including a $10 hand pick fee. There are still a lot of them around. I think this was just a lot of baloney, just to be able to charge more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
More than anything else I think the wholesalers just don't want to bother with as many mosins right now. "Assault rifles" and anything else bubba thinks the obamination might ban are selling like hot-cakes even with 30-50% price increases. Sellers are just trying to make as much money as they can off the post-election paranoia (which of course may be well founded); millions of these are still sitting around in Eastern Europe, selling them to us is basically free money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you ever want to be entertained with sky-is-falling industry "news" like a mosin nagant shortage, check out classic arms. The guy there sells really nice stuff (in my experience at least), but he hocks it like a used car salesman. Right now he has a post about how the supply of Mosin-Nagants have completely dried up without any new ones on the horizon; buy em' now or you'll never get one! hehe

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you ever want to be entertained with sky-is-falling industry "news" like a mosin nagant shortage, check out classic arms. The guy there sells really nice stuff (in my experience at least), but he hocks it like a used car salesman. Right now he has a post about how the supply of Mosin-Nagants have completely dried up without any new ones on the horizon; buy em' now or you'll never get one! hehe
Earlier he had a tale where the Romanians had closed the plant making AK's. Not quite. I wonder what the next story will be?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
This is what is being spread on the Classic web site. Bwaaaaahahahahaha!
-------------------------
http://www.classicarms.us/

"BAD NEWS ON NAGANT RIFLES. THEY FINALLY SEEM TO BE DRYING UP AND A LOT OF DISTRIBUTERS ARE OUT OF THEM. WE ARE DOWN TO ONLY THE ROUND RECEIVER HARDWOOD VARIATION AND WHAT WE HAVE IN STOCK MAY BE IT FOR AT LEAST THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. THAT IS THE BAD NEWS.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THIS. THIS LAST BATCH WE RECEIVED IS PROBABLY THE FINEST OVERALL CONDITION WISE THAT WE HAVE HAD IN YEARS."

'ANYONE WHO HAS KEPT UP WITH SURPLUS LATELY KNOWS THAT THE FREE FLOWING SUPPLY OF NAGANT RIFLES HAS ALL OF A SUDDEN COME TO A SCREECHING HALT. ONCE WAS A TIME WHEN WE COULDN'T THROW A CAT AROUND HERE WITHOUT HITTING A NAGANT RIFLE. NOW WE ARE OUT OF HEX RECEIVER RIFLES, M44 RIFLES OF ALL TYPES, AND WE HAVE ALL BEEN OUT OF M38 RIFLES FOR A WHILE. IT IS BAD ENOUGH TO BE OUT BUT THE EVEN SCARIER THING IS THAT THERE ARE NO MORE ON THE HORIZON."

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,534 Posts
What is, bubba's idea of an improvement to the barrel. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Earlier he had a tale where the Romanians had closed the plant making AK's. Not quite. I wonder what the next story will be?:rolleyes:
So, is the Cugir plant still operating?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.