Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 6 cleaning rods for m91/30. 3 of them have Izhevsk stamp about 2" down from nurling. other 3 are not stamped at all. i want correct rod in my 1938 Tula Mosin Nagant as it had 1 of the Izhevsk rods in it when picked up. my 1942 Izhevsk m91/30 had 1 of the Izhevsk rods ,so it is correct. my question finally is "are Tula rods stamped?"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one on here with OCD?? geez wait till i ask about my hand guard with brass ends instead of steel. no rivets and on 7.62X54R they say hard to find. it came on my 1938 Tula 91/30 but stock was post war.????

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,038 Posts
Im guessing but if you have Ihvesk and 3 unstamped, I would put the unstamped on the tula and it would be accurate. I have heard that the cleaning rods in WW2 got used and abused a lot. So a lot were replaced in refurb so its not uncommon at all for it to be mismatched. Personally I have never looked at the cleaning rod on any mosin i buy. I don't think its makes a bit of difference in value or collect-ability. Unless your talking like a SCW rod or something rare. So put the un-marked on it and it should be good in my eyes. As for brass caps. I don't think i would call them hard to find. They are a little more rare then the regular one's. I have 3 out of 26ish mosin's i have. So it is hard to find, however i don't really know any collectors that look for them. I think they are cool, but there are more rare and desirable features i look for. Hope this helps Bill.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
664 Posts
I have two rods that are marked - top one came out of my 1925 Tula, lower from my 1939 Izhevsk. Can anyone identify the marks for me?

Nothing like a close-up picture to show that leftover cosmoline!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.