Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,504 Posts
Have never seen that one. There are a lot of Circle K stores around here though. ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ive seen it one other time on a '45 Izhevsk 1895 Nagant. Have no idea what it means though.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Have never seen that one. There are a lot of Circle K stores around here though. ;)
Just like the theory that M91/59s were issued to guards on railway bridges and so on, the Circle K rifles were for convenience store security.

Seriously, the mark is too large to be an inspection or refurb mark IMHO. Combined with the dual date it may be something like the MO rifles.
I'd be inclined to buy it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Re: "Circle K" stamp

Here's another one, this image is from an MO 1944/52 M-38 I used to own. I was never able to identify the marking either, but it reminds me of a circular variation of the refurb "box with slash" marks - I've seen these with a half circle, partial pie, etc. so there are others besides this that looks like a "K" - I don't think it's a character, but a circle with different lines meaning the level of refurbishment performed.

Just my opinion of course...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a double date also with that large circle K. Ill will get some pics up shortly...

·
Registered
131 Posts

Here is mine with the weird (K) stamp on my double dated mosin. No "MO" present.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Found this interesting 91/30 at a local big5. Anyone aware of the "K" mark in the circle? Note there is no "MO" mark.
After I posted mine, I looked back and realized my gun is one and the same as this. Same serial number. This is wild because I bought mine directly from Centruy Arms. I guess big5 sent the gun back to them???

My mind is blown..

·
Registered
156 Posts
alks207 - YellowSled - looks like the letter K, crude though. I would expect a circle K to be just that. A K with a circle around it. Not with all the lines of the letter touching the circle. Though it does appear at first glance to indeed be the letter K.

gunhorde - Yours may not be the letter K at all. It would appear to me that perhaps the vertical line could be interpreted (read) horizontally. Either with the open end of the triangle facing down or up. My guess again, would be down.

I've very little experience in all of this, but to me, they all look more like symbols than they do actual letters from the Cyrillic alphabet.

Again, just a very uneducated guess on my part. Food for thought though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.