Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Good afternoon! The original sniper rifles of 1891/30 are less and less common in Russia. It is reliably possible to identify sniper rifles manufactured by the Tula plant, which were produced in a separate production in small batches. They are extremely rare even with PE scopes, but this is already a collector's rarity. Their series can be viewed on the profile topic Тульские снайперские обр. 1891/30г. - года выпуска, серии, номера, маркировка, п
According to sniper rifles produced in Izhevsk, everything is more complicated. They were not made in a separate production and were not branded with special brands for sniper rifles, like the Tula ones.

That translation feature is really helpful. Great information.

How can you tell if a scope is original or a repo? My gunsmith friend who trained with the Russian Army says the repos are aluminum and the originals are steel. Is this true?
Repro scopes generally have flat topped turret screws whereas originals are generally domed. I believe I’ve also read the serial prefix on repros doesn’t make sense to a native Russian speaker. Not sure about the material off hand.

How can you tell if a scope is original or a repo? My gunsmith friend who trained with the Russian Army says the repos are aluminum and the originals are steel. Is this true?
Some cheapie repro PU scopes are made of aluminum, but I believe the higher quality Ukranian repros are steel.

Then there's the fact that Krasnogorsk produced genuine scopes were made of silumin (an aluminum alloy with silicone content).

Of course the R Guns PU Snipers are almost non existent . CCCP got the word early on these
were the only PU sniper rifles worth owning so they scarfed them up and now can, look down upon the rest of us as wretched peasants with common Tula or Izhevsk PU snipers. And on top of that, the Germans were in panic when they found R Guns Sniper Rifles were facing them...Army Group Center stalled just short of Moscow due to R Gun snipers.

I made all that up to reinforce the fiction of R Gun PU Sniper rifles being the only one to own.

[ЦИТАТА="Ведьма, сообщение: 10898934, участник: 14469"]
Как вы можете определить, является ли область видимости оригинальной или репо? Мой друг-оружейник, который проходил подготовку в Российской армии, говорит, что копии сделаны из алюминия, а оригиналы-из стали. Это правда?
[/ЦИТАТА]
Добрый день! Насколько я понимаю, ваш вопрос касается прицелов модели PU? Если это так, то я использую отличные статьи коллекционеров из России и Украины, которые обладают непропорционально большими знаниями и имеют гораздо больше одного взгляда в коллекции. Я постараюсь приложить файл со статьями о достопримечательностях в Красной Армии 1920-1940-х годов, а также ссылку на главный русскоязычный форум по оружию, где с 2004 года обсуждаются достопримечательности марки PU. Прицел ПУ- Guns.ru Переговоры
Короче говоря, ваш друг-оружейник ошибается. Прицелы типа PU выпускались в 1942-44 годах, а после 1945 года прицелы типа PU выпускались для пулеметов с другой баллистической сеткой. Здесь послевоенные машины окрашены в зеленый цвет и могут иметь корпус из алюминиевых сплавов.
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

Product Font Material property Poster Engineering

[ЦИТАТА="Carrguy1, сообщение: 10899071, участник: 253467"]
Я полагаю, что я также читал, что серийный префикс на повторах не имеет смысла для носителя русского языка. Не уверен насчет готового материала.
[/ЦИТАТА]
Если я правильно вас понял (из машинного перевода, увы), то у вас есть сомнения в маркировке советских оптических прицелов типа "ПУ" с использованием префиксов. Оригинальные прицелы были пронумерованы на разных заводах. В частности, у меня перед глазами стоит штамп Ленинградского завода № 357 (ныне Санкт-Петербург), но он был выпущен в 1942 году, когда завод был эвакуирован в Omsk. Этот тип прицелов был разработан для SVT-40, но позже был использован на снайперской винтовке Мосина с кронштейном Кочетова. Во второй половине 1942 года номер типа 88888 был изменен на A-01234. Позже клеймо было перенесено на другую сторону прицела, год оно не наносилось, указывая только тип винтовки "91/30", затем они дошли до маркировки B-01234.
Trigger Air gun Gas Gun accessory Shotgun

When were repro scopes first manufactured?
The one I have is over 30 years old, and is steel.
I know replicas of "PU" type sights, which were produced at the beginning of the XXI century in Ukraine, in the city of Izyum at a factory built in the USSR before World War II. Apparently by this time, the free stocks of "PU" sights at the end of the XX century were sold from Ukraine, together with sniper rifles or separately abroad. Only this could motivate to produce a copy of the "PU" sight for sale to collectors. In Russia, copies of "PU" type sights are not produced. Previously, there were enough old army supplies, but now prices on the market have simply increased...
Show your sight, which you consider to be a copy and which has been with you for 30 years.

The scew pattern_ spacing and thread pattern on the Aluminum base is not the same as the steel repro's or origonals as I recall.
The aluminum bases are not durable and can crack and fail easily from attempts to tighten the mount.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.