Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
430 Posts
Yes it's a banning nation, I knew it was coming, A TV programme chap went to the US, bought a .44 SW Russian at a gun show, now I cannot remember did he have it the hold of the plane, probably not, got it sent to him in the UK, no problems with customs, because it was on are obsolete calibre list, but of course they wanted there 20% cut.
Then the programme went onto how a cartridge could be converted to shoot in the weapon, hey presto now in the hands of criminals.
I can shoot a air weapon in my back garden, as long as the pellet does not leave my garden, There are no offences commited, If your neigbour sees you with the weapon, and reports it to the police, There is a good chance a police helicopter, and stormtroopers at your front door in minutes.
Firearms, and the non shooting public do not go, hand in hand.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It clearly is discrimination against gun owners when it should only be against criminals. Too bad we can't just scream racism then people might listen to us. We cannot and should not comply we must continue to stand up for and keep our freedom to enjoy our particular hobby/sport. It just shows that the government really loves criminals because they seem to be trying hard to turn law abiding subjects into them. Probably because politicians are criminals.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It clearly is discrimination against gun owners when it should only be against criminals. Too bad we can't just scream racism then people might listen to us. We cannot and should not comply we must continue to stand up for and keep our freedom to enjoy our particular hobby/sport. It just shows that the government really loves criminals because they seem to be trying hard to turn law abiding subjects into them. Probably because politicians are criminals.
I expect to see major assaults against firearms in the US in the coming Biden administration. (Trump isn't conceding but he can't win I don't think.) I just hope that they are most busy in going after "assault rifles" first rather than the other stuff: selfish on my part, since I don't have one, and I DON'T want to see it, but....
The party that pushes that the most is also the party that wants to eliminate bail for "non-violent" criminals. One would like to see their definition of violence. That tells you all you need to know about politicians, gun bans, and "crime control". I think it's \worldwide.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I expect to see major assaults against firearms in the US in the coming Biden administration. (Trump isn't conceding but he can't win I don't think.) I just hope that they are most busy in going after "assault rifles" first rather than the other stuff: selfish on my part, since I don't have one, and I DON'T want to see it, but....
The party that pushes that the most is also the party that wants to eliminate bail for "non-violent" criminals. One would like to see their definition of violence. That tells you all you need to know about politicians, gun bans, and "crime control". I think it's \worldwide.
You'll have to start some GRM (Gun owners Rights Matter) protests. And by the way all semiautos will be next, then pump, lever, etc. till all your left with is a pointy stick.

·
Banned
430 Posts
You may be right str8pull, My guns are in one place, and my ammo in another, so some guy breaks in, what am I to do, well in my bedroom is a rapier sword, It makes no noise, just got to remember to stab the swine in the front, and not the back, or you are in trouble, I must admit I sleep well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
You may be right str8pull, My guns are in one place, and my ammo in another, so some guy breaks in, what am I to do, well in my bedroom is a rapier sword, It makes no noise, just got to remember to stab the swine in the front, and not the back, or you are in trouble, I must admit I sleep well.
Here we are allowed to protect ourselves against an intruder but we can't use something more deadly than the intruder has. So if someone breaks in and threatens us with a knife we are not allowed to shoot them so I guess we are expected to put down our gun and find an equal sized knife to protect ourselves with, so I'm guessing if someone breaks in and has a gun and all we have is a knife that the government thinks the criminal will be expected to put down his gun and let us arm him with a knife for a fair battle. What a bunch of BS. And even if we follow such rules and end up winning the battle by harming or killing said invader we will still end up being charged manslaughter instead of murder. That's Canadian liberal justice, making sure criminals are treated kindly.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Basically, in Sth. Aust., acting for a defensive purpose, in the case of a home invasion, or to defend property can be complete defences to an offence, including murder even if the defendant's conduct was not objectively reasonably proportionate to the perceived threat. What is required that the defendant genuinely believed the victim was committing or had just committed a home invasion.
Age confers added protection on the means applied in resisting an offence.
Otherwise, it is a matter of genuinely believing it is a reasonable and necessary act for defensive purposes in self defence or in defence of another or to prevent or end an unlawful imprisonment.

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
I can shoot a air weapon in my back garden, as long as the pellet does not leave my garden, There are no offences commited, If your neigbour sees you with the weapon, and reports it to the police, There is a good chance a police helicopter, and stormtroopers at your front door in minutes.
Firearms, and the non shooting public do not go, hand in hand.
Do they even allow air rifles in the UK? Not sure if you reside there but your statement holds true here. I got a visit when one of my neighrs that lives higher up the hill saw and heard me shooting my .17 cal pellet rifle out back. Legal in the county but not the city me thinks.
My pellet gun is a break open single shot (Benjamin Trail) and will clear a 1/2 inch plywood sheet. She started yelling at me an I told her to stick it. Ten minutes later the sheriff showed up.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,952 Posts
Do they even allow air rifles in the UK? Not sure if you reside there but your statement holds true here. I got a visit when one of my neighrs that lives higher up the hill saw and heard me shooting my .17 cal pellet rifle out back. Legal in the county but not the city me thinks.
My pellet gun is a break open single shot (Benjamin Trail) and will clear a 1/2 inch plywood sheet. She started yelling at me an I told her to stick it. Ten minutes later the sheriff showed up.

And ????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.