Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
Other than just looking good and offering slightly better ergonomics, are there any immediate benefits to doing a conversion?
Anyway, opinions and information please!

The trigger in the factory leaves much to be desired. It is very gritty feeling and slow on the pull. A better trigger is a big, big plus to me. I also try to go with the 10 mags per gun, but only have a few guns at the moment. I liked the surefire mags, but the mil-surp ones I have are much better and cheaper.

If you decide you want a pistol grip, dont let yourself go the tapco intrafuse route. it will leave you wanting more in a short time. then you will have to spend more money to go all out. Lots of people have gone that route, just to turn around and go all the way. I did use a Russian Saiga Skeleton stock for some time on my first one. It was very nice. The cheek rest gives great sight alignment. If you like the factory feel, one of these could be all the upgrade you might need. It feels much more solid than the factory buttstock.

· Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
Kurz what state are you in? The lowest I've found a Saiga-47 in GA is $319. Also those of you that have done the conversion, can you just put rivets in the rear holes without welding it? I don't mind the saiga fore-end of the rifle and could get another Tapco T6 stock, but instead of a bullet guide I would just want some Surefire magazines for it or better yet the Izmash 30 rounders (though they will be expensive).
Nylon hole plugs (in black) available at lowes, look just like the rivet heads on the receiver already. These are what most people use to close the extra holes up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.