Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I reacted to the news of the Mayfield v. FBI Case based on media coverage.

Perusing a blog I read occasionally, I stumbled across the bloggers opinion of this decision. Very well written in my opinion -- it can be found here:

http://www.barking-moonbat.com/index.php/weblog/a_victory_for_america/

More importantly however I also read the complaint, which can be found here:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/09/26/mayfield.patriotact.complaint.pdf

I am sure few of us will read the entire complaint, but please do yourself a favor and read the "factual allegations" section.

Bear in mind that these "allegations" have been pretty much proven to be true, by the .gov's own admissions or at least to a "preponderance of the evidence" standard.

In the original thread, someone said basically that the govt. made a mistake, they made it right and the guy got paid for his trouble -- and asked what the problem was.

Read what actually happened -- how men who took an oath to uphold the Constitution lied and deliberately manipulated evidence to put an innocent man behind bars.

Then ask yourself what might have happened to Mr. Mayfield if he'd been a blue-collar worker instead of an Attorney.

I could go on (and on) but I won't -- please take a few minutes to read the linked materials -- they say what needs saying far more eloquently than I am able.

As I have said -- I'll take my chances with the terrorists.

DD

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
The "factual allegations" go well beyond the facts to suppositions as to the motives of the FBI fingerprint analysts and their supervisors.

As I said Mayfield's been paid off for the FBI mistakes. The FBI admitted their basic error, paid for getting a warrant based on that error.

ALL their actions after getting that warrant were in full compliance with the law, even the excessive controls that FISA stupidly puts on the government.

Mayfield's just filed this lawsuit as a harrassment effort in support of his extremist Islamic jihad against America.

I'm sorry that you've let your otherwise admirable distrust of the government take over your position on this particular case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts