Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have a Browning Model 1895 rifle in .30-40 caliber. I have an acquaintancethat is getting rid of a USRA Winchester Model 1895 SRC also in .30-40. I was just wondering how difficult it would be to strip the Winchester of its part and turn the Browning into a SRC confirguration. That carbine is one sexy looking firearm! But what the lawyers did to it is a shame.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,606 Posts
Welll, if you have a RIFLE and want to make it into a carbine, considerable alteration required. Shorten barrel or remove it and install the carbine barrel after stripping it from the USRA (if the Browning and the USRA use the same thread and shank). Install carbine fore- and butt-stocks (easy enough - IF they don't require TOO much fitting) and carbine band. Drill and tap for the saddle ring stud and install it. Main griefs would be the barrel (getting it timed and head-spaced, eh?) and getting the saddle ring's stud in just the right place. And when you are done, you have a gun that will kick the snot out of you, even though it does look pretty sexy.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
i have one of the browning 1895,s in 30-40krag unfired in the box and before you do the modification remember they only made 2000 of the 1895 brownings in 30-40 krag. it may be best to buy a new 1895 winchester carbine instead. eastbank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.