Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.downrange.tv/blog/down-r...he-mosin-nagant-and-inexpensive-rifles/29552/

I had to turn this Expert off. His ignorance and bias began with " you can stand in a barn with a Mosin Nagant and miss the barn". Then PU sniper rifles are not accurate and its not the shooter at fault.

But if you want to get blood pressure going, this dude will do it.

They pay guys to talk guns who don't know guns ? I guess so.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,658 Posts
I am fine with ignorance, means less people that want what I want. "yep, you sure are right, them mosins ain't worth a darn, but I will take it off your hands for the right price!"

·
Registered
19,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CNC

The damage is more than Mosins, folks listen to guys like this and think they gain knowledge. Too many "Shooters" talk the talk and can't shoot , don't know weapons and influence others to be as daft as they are. THis guy gets radio exposure and does nothing for the shooting sports.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
"No it's crap in a box". He said that after he said he couldn't hit anything with it, and people would say it's the fault of the shooter. Well this guy shouldn't be allowed to ever talk about them again. He recommends someone doesn't get one. "It's an old Russian gun. Sorry. Save your money and buy yourself a low cost American rifle." Then he characterizes Mosin owners who all wear flannel shirts and have beards. True for some, but not for me. Then he says when a Mosin Nagant 'stops working' then you can use it as a club. LMAOOOOO! To be honest I have heard a lot of things about Mosins, but this has been some of the most ridiculous blasphemer ever spewed by anyone. Sounds like he's not a very good shot then.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That guy is probably akin to the gun magazine writers. He is paid to shill for the gun, ammo and accessory manufacturers and anything that would cut into their profits is bad.
That's okay though, it leaves more Mosins for us.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,688 Posts
I am fine with ignorance, means less people that want what I want. "yep, you sure are right, them mosins ain't worth a darn, but I will take it off your hands for the right price!"

Absolutely. All Mosin Nagant receivers are made of cow fecal matter. No good. Send them all to me. I am a certified fecal matter processor and I will deal with your junk. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Use it as a club ?
Guess he doesn't know what the bayonet is for.

I have a beard.....and flannel shirts (I feel insulted).
No PU sniper though (I feel underprivileged).

Agree with "more for us".
Maybe gun store owners will hear that Mosins are no good, and cut the price in half to get rid of them.

We have a world full of mostly ignorant people.
What bothers me is that many get paid very well in spite of it (because of it ?).

To be fair (likely more than he deserves), most Mosins don't shoot all that well 'out-of-the-box'.
Takes some work (and intelligence) to get them shooting their best.
I love the looks at the range from the uninitiated when they see a <1" group (50 yards) from a 'junk' rifle with iron sights and surplus ammo.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Use it as a club ?
Guess he doesn't know what the bayonet is for.

I have a beard.....and flannel shirts (I feel insulted).
No PU sniper though (I feel underprivileged).

Agree with "more for us".
Maybe gun store owners will hear that Mosins are no good, and cut the price in half to get rid of them.

We have a world full of mostly ignorant people.
What bothers me is that many get paid very well in spite of it (because of it ?).

To be fair (likely more than he deserves), most Mosins don't shoot all that well 'out-of-the-box'.
Takes some work (and intelligence) to get them shooting their best.
I love the looks at the range from the uninitiated when they see a <1" group (50 yards) from a 'junk' rifle with iron sights and surplus ammo.
I agree and I've owned many guns including a few new ones that didn't shoot well "out of the box". I have yet to own a PU sniper but I will someday.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I was able to get 3 shot touching at 25 yds in a little cloverleaf pattern. That was with a 1925 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon to. I was quite happy with that. Spot on. I bet it would shoot minute of barn at 1000 yds....if you could see the barn that far away!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,088 Posts
I agree with him 100%!! It's a junk rifle only worth 50 bucks! Those selling them for $199 should listen. They're just old Russian junk! $50 bucks should be max and 2 cents a round for old junk ammo. I can't find my razor. Where's my flannel shirt?

·
Registered
19,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to get 3 shot touching at 25 yds in a little cloverleaf pattern. That was with a 1925 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon to. I was quite happy with that. Spot on. I bet it would shoot minute of barn at 1000 yds....if you could see the barn that far away!
Bad enough 50 Yd Phil baits me with his 50 yd "groups" but Iron Colonel , if you are shooting 25 yds , we need to help you out. My buds and I shoot out to 1000 yds and we are shooting at bullseyes that are 36 inches across (the black ). I invite you to come as my guest to Quantico and lets move you 100 to 1000 yds with my PU sniper. That will fix your 25 yd problem. As for Phil.... not sure we got a fix but bring him along

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bad enough 50 Yd Phil baits me with his 50 yd "groups" but Iron Colonel , if you are shooting 25 yds , we need to help you out. My buds and I shoot out to 1000 yds and we are shooting at bullseyes that are 36 inches across (the black ). I invite you to come as my guest to Quantico and lets move you 100 to 1000 yds with my PU sniper. That will fix your 25 yd problem. As for Phil.... not sure we got a fix but bring him along
Some people just need a good shooting coach to rid them of bad habits. Learning consistency (aka sticking to basics) is key.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Well, maybe I do, WTF is up with that stupid song at the beginning? He strikes me as the type of gun owner who would do what those two yahoos did in the Chipolte restaurant. The zombie reference is just a further discredit, really juvenile.

·
Copper Bullet Member
124 Posts
I don't shoot anything except for C&R rifles so I don't know much about the new manufacture ones. The new ones I see at the range seem to be much more cheaply built than my rugged milsurps. The accuracy might be a touch better but it seems the shooters struggle a bit more with the bolts, etc. Of all the different models I have, the most accurate would be a tossup between The Mosin Nagants and the M1 rifles.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's not the gun, it's the person behind the gun. Every mosin I have ever fired, from an m91 to an m39 has been very accurate with absolutely no adjustments. And with any gun you just have to know how to apply a little Kentucky windage and Tennessee elevation.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I don't have television and I rarely listen to the radio. It saves me so many headaches and a fair amount of money. I still come across YouTube from time to time, where everyone with a camera and Wikipedia is an expert, but it's still less grief that traditional media.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts