Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Maybe I've just been lucky so far, but the POF (67) that I've been shooting for the past year through four different Enfields has been fine. It's been as accurate as any other milsurp ammo I've tried (R^I, MEN ). In one of the Savages it held a better group than some Winchester hunting rounds. In about 300 total rounds I have experienced no more than 5 click-bangs. Is it the failure to fire or the accuracy of the ammo, or both that has turned many shooters sour on this ammo ? Like I said, maybe I've just been lucky.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aim has it for same price. I needed K98 capture screws and they were hosing me $11 for shipping (for $8 worth of screws) so i added 3 boxes of it to give it a try. For just under $40 I got my screws and 96 rounds of .303. Figured why not....hope I am as lucky as you windstar!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
it has been the click bang that is bothering eveyone..do they just have hard primers as the cause??

·
Registered
222 Posts
POF- Pakastani right? From what I've heard it's crap, but from JollyGreenSlug's vids he has some decent performance with it, so it looks, but what type of groups do you guys get with it? tight, moderate or wide?

·
Registered
574 Posts
.303 Pof

There seem to be very different experiences with this stuff. I got some of the old old stuff years ago and it was awful. I tried some of this new stuff, and it ran great in the Lewis gun, but that may be because it has lots and lots of striker power, unlike many enfields or P14's. It may be that this stuff works better in MGs? It sure seems to work better for me in the Lewis than in anything else.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up 5 boxes to try myself and have not had one misfire or click bang with it. With it moving so slow I'm waiting for the price to drop and I'll pick up some more.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the price is going to stay WAY to high. The POF CARP is only worth about a nickle per one rd.

Go nuts man you can have it all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
help

1 eye...you're not helping anyone with your comments. This stuff is fine...the old stuff was bad.

You will not get 303 for anywhere near a nickle a round. If you wait it will probably be well over .20 A ROUND IN A BIT. Prices are not going down contrary to what some people think.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just got a box for a friend who has an Enfield. He keeps whining about how expensive the .303 Brit ammo is. I told him to get a Mosin!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The POF I fired shot pretty good, but I shot it in hot weather in AZ. I heard that they tend to have less miss or hang fires if you leave them in the sun a bit.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 eye...you're not helping anyone with your comments. This stuff is fine...the old stuff was bad.

You will not get 303 for anywhere near a nickle a round. If you wait it will probably be well over .20 A ROUND IN A BIT. Prices are not going down contrary to what some people think.

New or Old the pof 303 is bad stuff.
I hope you got good I got bad.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
"You will not get 303 for anywhere near a nickle a round."

He didn't say one could. He only said that's what the POF is worth (to him). I don't buy it all, not worth the aggravation.

OTOH I certainly agree ammunition prices are NOT going to come down, whether gun guys sit on their stash, boycott milsurp/military ammo companies or just run out of cash to buy. Sadly, too many other factors are involved.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks mrbullets that is right I have pulled the bullets on the bad POF 303 I got a few months ago the brass is in the junk brass drum and the bullets are going to some new PMC brass I got from Graf&Sons. Im done with the JUNK POF 303....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts