Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a monopod for the series 37 TJK of mine.I paid a bit more than I wanted ($209 shipped from the other side of the world) but since it's a bring back and was originally has the monopod band I'm going to pop it on.It now has the look of when used.I won't make any pretense that it came to me with it,I just wanted to make it look more complete.Got the rifle for free and the M/M bolt was $50 and now into it for $259 with original mum,a/c wings,original cleaning rod,beat up stock with excellent stainless bore and most bluing intact.Any thoughts about getting a reciever cover?I really don't like the look,but........Also I'd like to have a bayo but they seem pretty pricey.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,721 Posts
I just picked up a monopod for the series 37 TJK of mine.I paid a bit more than I wanted ($209 shipped from the other side of the world) but since it's a bring back and was originally has the monopod band I'm going to pop it on.It now has the look of when used.I won't make any pretense that it came to me with it,I just wanted to make it look more complete.Got the rifle for free and the M/M bolt was $50 and now into it for $259 with original mum,a/c wings,original cleaning rod,beat up stock with excellent stainless bore and most bluing intact.Any thoughts about getting a reciever cover?I really don't like the look,but........Also I'd like to have a bayo but they seem pretty pricey.
Only an early 37th would have a dust cover, # 4158, now #13,299 is the highest reported with a matching cover.

Remember the bore is hard chrome plated, not stainless.

A nice, common bayonet with scabbard but no frog should be had for $75 to $100 if you look a little; I don't know if that is pricey, but you are still cheap into your rifle.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
Here's a higher number 37th for ya with matching dust cover. Number is 13299
This rifle is like new, fully matching but ground
I also included a photo of the inspection mark on the pod spring

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,721 Posts
Thanks, duly noted.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that inspection mark from Nagoya?
03,thanks for the correction on the bore as being chrome plated.I sometimes get dazed and confused.Damn aging process.
My S/N is in the 12 thousands.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
Is that inspection mark from Nagoya?
Nope, Tokyo Juki inspection mark. This marking is something one needs to look for on a 37th monopod spring.
The same marking is also on the stock in the lower position (on the right in this photo)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.