Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We discuss these markings time to time. Thought I'd put together the photos I have of different ones. Photos sometimes get scrambled in the upload so you can tell what these are by putting your cursor on the photo and reading it's title.
These are from Kokura, Nagoya, Tokyo Juki Kogyo, and Toyo Kogyo. On these, it seems only Nagoya placed a mark out on the "foot" of the wire. It may be the "ri" mark shown, or the M inspection mark

Attachments

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job, these need to go in the next "book" too; who ever does one!

What is the mark on the forward part of the TK pod hinged part?
Thanks for the nice comments
Don, the mark on the forward part of the part is an incomplete "sha" mark. The markings in the notch have me kinda stumped. I thought it was the Hiro mark until I enlarged the photo

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dat be the one. Pretty, but you have to shake your head when a $40.00 book could have saved the buyer $800.00..................
Actually, I don't think that rifle is really in all that nice of condition. Must be some fairly new disease going on - mumitis? ;)

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great display, dawgs!
Mucho Thanky Fred
I'd be curious to know if any markings are in the 'notch' of the wire base on the TJK pod. That rifle is fully "staked" and I won't be the one to change that. Anyone have an "unmounted" TJK pod?

· Platinum Bullet member
19,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks like it might be a good one there. Nice to see one with the pod still on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.