Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen one of these in person. Seems like it would be an interesting addition to a collection. Do they ever show up in the US, is there much collector interest, and what range of prices do they sell for?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Mondargon

I have never seen one of these in person. Seems like it would be an interesting addition to a collection. Do they ever show up in the US, is there much collector interest, and what range of prices do they sell for?
They are very much in demand by collectors, you can expect to pay between 5000-10000$$ for one. I saw Serial#1 go for $33,000, I think it was sold in europe. I have only ever seen one in the US

Victor

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dennis Kroh had one for sale a couple of years ago for $9,000-10,000 (I can't remember the exact price). It looked absolutely beautiful, and if I would have had the money, it would be mine for that amount.

This is the photo he posted of the rifle for sale:

Needless to say, yes, there is a collector's interest.

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
Dennis Kroh had one for sale a couple of years ago for $9,000-10,000 (I can't remember the exact price). It looked absolutely beautiful, and if I would have had the money, it would be mine for that amount.

This is the photo he posted of the rifle for sale:

Needless to say, yes, there is a collector's interest.
I think Dennis's was Mexican in 7mm

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is now very clear to me why I can't find one. I can only imagine how lucky the people are who can actually find one and also have the resources to purchase one.

It would still be very nice to be able to see one in person.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have a buddy who sold one recently (late Spring/early Summer?) through JC Devines, so they are out there.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The last 3 Mondragon's were sold for $24,000, $17,000 and $16,500!!! Sounds like it is better to invest in antique guns than the stock market or CD's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts