Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear anything new? Website still says they'll be back on 1 Sept, which is nearly a month ago.

They look like they're done/gone/outta'biz to me... :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
Probably because of ridiculous ammo prices. Can't afford to make a profit.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,801 Posts
I'll have to hang onto my T-shirts that I got from them every time I ordered 1000 rounds of Wolf, maybe they'll become collectors items

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think they will be back. We have been filling in their spots at the local gunshows for the last 6 months. We have their old spot at Chantilly Va, King of Prussia Pa, Raleigh Nc, Charlotte Nc, Grand Rapids MI, etc. They also quit doing the Indy 1500. Our mutual vendors are stating to me that they probably won't be returning anytime soon. Hope this info helps.

Lonnie
Owner ButtsandBarrels

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Johnny Fever, I think another one bites the dust would be a fitting song for them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lets not lose all hope guys-

Perhaps they meant September 1'st 2008 ;) :D

-Palimino

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
Scopes

I guess I should feel good about the two(2) scopes I got from them. The last one I got arrived here in AZ the middle of August. Just under the wire it seems. Bob

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Hard telling what happened to them , the last time we were at the 'store' the fellow said they just had an ATF audit and pointed to a stack of about 10 piles of 4473s each a foot and a half high. I think he said they were there for a week doing it.
It's gotta be rough to retail at so many gun shows at the same time, I can't imagine some paperwork not getting screwed up with inventory.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,601 Posts
...I can't imagine some paperwork not getting screwed up with inventory.
The wait at J&G's gunshow tables is for just that purpose. The paperwork. If your an FFL holder, there's no reason for short cuts. That's what gets you into trouble.

Gary

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,251 Posts
Johnny Fever, I think another one bites the dust would be a fitting song for them.
Or a chorus of Dandy Don Meridith singing "Turn out the lights, the party's over!"

Guess that really tells my age.

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
I guess I can forget about them ever answering my e-mail from early 2006 about the 100 rounds of Silver Bear I bought from them that was corroded in the factory packages. :rolleyes:

Hope springs eternal !! ;)

regards....roger

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
ROCKER98 , What I ment was that they had a lot of people working the different shows on the same weekends in Ohio and surrounding states, the more people you have selling the more likely you are to have guns dissapear or mistakes in paperwork. I don't know but maybe they didn't inventory after every show and some stuff was not bookedor whatever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts