Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are quite a few of the modified T-91 grenades showing up lately. Here are a couple of shots of the one I have that was not dug up. It shows the markings and the rice paper insert in the drilled out area where the propellant charge would have gone. I believe it tells that the delay has been changed to a 4 to 5 second delay. Does it say anymore then this? It is marked 14.1, which could be either the date it was made or the date it was modified. What do you think? Also pictured is the T-97 grenade from my “Mine Training Kit”. It has the same kind of tag on it. – Ken

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the one in my collection. Some of these you will find with the threads still in the body to take the base booster component however, mine is much like Ken's in that it looks like it was never threaded or the threads where drilled out. It also has the paper glued to the bottom that reads "3-5 seconds." Over time someone placed glass in the well to preserve the paper. Glass has chipped and a small piece is missing but it still very readable. The fuze on this one is dated Showa 13 and on the stem that goes into the grenade also has a fuze time of 3-5 seconds on it as well.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Long ago, I owned one that still had the screw threads in place, but thick white paint had been applied to the entire base, thereby rendering the threads incapable of being engaged.

C/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. Do you think 14.1 is the manufactoring date or the date it was modified? Ken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts