Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, it wouldn't be legal stateside. I have to ask, what's it for? Seems like you put a lot of effort into this little guy and it still ends up a one shot shorty semi-pistol scatter-gun in the smallest gage out there. With your talents at clean modification, you ought to buy a Russian Capture K98 8X57MM and go to work on it. When you got done with that, you would have a firearm with a clean look and plenty of field potential.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like I said, you ought to put your talents to work on an RC K98 with a nice bore. They can be had stateside for under $300. Surely they are available in Canada as well. You could end up pretty happy. No flies on the 8X57MM in the Canadian woods. Loaded well, they shoot flatter and hit harder than the .303.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i think you are missing the point TinDuck.

its a backpacking/just-in-case gun. Not a 9 pound military rifle. Nor is that its intention.

DW

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, my 8X57MM converted only weighs 7 1/4 lbs. And if I want a "backpacking" gun, my Taurus 4" M44 .44 magnum looks a whole lot more portable with the same utility as this unit. So from my decidedly afield point of view, I'm not sure what this gun is for. One thing for sure, it ain't for me!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well CaptStef, if you think the 4" Taurus .44 mag is tucked in a backpack while I'm afield in Alaska or even stateside, you are mistaken. Do you think that when confronted by a pissed off bear or other large and nasty critter, you are going to have time to unshoulder a backpack and dig though it for a handgun? Do you spend much time afield? Do you seriously want to bet your ass on a SINGLE round of .410" slug at close range on such an animal? 'Cause it's pretty unlikely you are going to get enough time to break open the action, find another round and insert it, close said action, cock it and get back on target. Unless that first shot fired was perfecto. Like I said before, it's a nice piece of work. Done to a firearm that has no known purpose that cannot be handled better by any number of other choices.

·
Registered
176 Posts
TinDuck,

it was explained what this firearm is for, what their limitations are, and still you push your opinion. While i don't disagree with you, they are following the law where they are from.

Let it go.

DW

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well CaptStef, if you think the 4" Taurus .44 mag is tucked in a backpack while I'm afield in Alaska or even stateside, you are mistaken. Do you think that when confronted by a pissed off bear or other large and nasty critter, you are going to have time to unshoulder a backpack and dig though it for a handgun? Do you spend much time afield? Do you seriously want to bet your ass on a SINGLE round of .410" slug at close range on such an animal? 'Cause it's pretty unlikely you are going to get enough time to break open the action, find another round and insert it, close said action, cock it and get back on target. Unless that first shot fired was perfecto. Like I said before, it's a nice piece of work. Done to a firearm that has no known purpose that cannot be handled better by any number of other choices.

By showing the total makeover of this little shotgun, I just wanted to share my pride of having modified someting to make it look as such. I did not want to argue over the purpose of the gun nor convince anyone on the MUST of owning one, but only show the drastic change in its look regardless of what the gun was or looked like. My goal was more to start a positive discussion, that could have attracted more people to show THEIR modified gun. Now this topic is starting to become unpleasant and far away from what I wanted it to become.

I missed my shot, Sorry to those who could have enjoyed this topic. I am removing my pics and kicking out of it before it get worst.

I like to share positive things NOT argue over it.

CaptainStef1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts