Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get the old threads out of the mix of new ones and cut back on the "stickys?" It's especially annoying to have an old, closed thread mixed with current threads.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
Old Threads and Sticky

How about just putting a wide border where the new messages start, that way would not have to search. riceone.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Sorry Guys,
can't be done.

The old threads will eventually sink to the bottom, they are 'locked' and can't be posted to.

Stickys always show up at the top, that is the way the boards are built.

New posts, that you have not read, appear in BOLD, you can find them easily. If you don't visit often, of course all will be in BOLD and you will have to click on the ones you want to read, ignore the rest.

Doss,
I did it just to annoy you.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Chief Grey Eagle speaks.....I submit

Is there anyway to get the old threads out of the mix of new ones and cut back on the "stickys?" It's especially annoying to have an old, closed thread mixed with current threads.
I stand rebuked! :eek: No more old threads. I was just trying to save some of that priceless knowledge that fades away with every sip of Old Milwaukee's Best! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
03man, first let me say that the stickys are a great tool and I know we use them as reference material a good bit of the time. In fact I would like to see that old sticky that had all the books and links on it place on this new site myself. With all that said, may I make a suggestion as to the number of stickys we have; is there some way you can put one master sticky on there and then list (file) all the remainder under it? In other words they would become sub-stickys.
Ray, I think you have done a great job of saving that priceless knowledge with capturing the old posts.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Combining Stickys

I think that we could do that by creating a sticky thread and putting the stickys as replies. I tried that over on the test board this morning but didn't like the way it came out. Maybe we could convert them to text and get it all in one post that way. Any ideas out there?

As far as the old posts, I enjoyed doing it. I learned quite a bit from them. I didn't get to the top 90 pages so there is a lot left. Maybe if I could figure a way to move them all at once there wouldn't be so many complaints!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Stickys

I don't think it is a big problem, takes what, 2 seconds to scroll past them?

If everything were in one sticky, no one would know what was in there.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Not matter how we go about this, I would still like to see that old sticky added to this new system.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
T-14, your sticky is back

Dale,
copied the old book and link sticky and put it up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
once they are here on the board, would you be able to unsticky them and they would fall to the bottom of the listing?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
O3man, Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Stickys

simpson lugers,
the purpose of a sticky is to stay at the top and be seen and accessable; due to the enduring nature of the subject and the post.

Otherwise they are 'lost' , unless you use the search feature to find the subject of interest.

They are probably of more import to new members or visitors than regulars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts