Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of or seen a Model 94 with Naval markings? This carbine was made in 1908 maybe for prison guard duty? I have spoken with a lot of Winchester collectors all have said they have heard of it but never seen one until now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting reply here regarding this M94, so I guess their more of them out their.
(I missed out on a WWII U.S.Coast Guard marked '94 years ago, an installation /bridge guard rifle. It got sold before I could get the money for it. I've never seen that U.S. Anchor mark on Navy equipment before. Almost always marked U.S.NAVY, PROPERTY OF U.S.NAVY, etc.)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Never seen one before. I have seen 92's and 94's with Canadian proofs from the WW1 era. I have read that the 1892 carbines were sold to the Royal Navy and delivered to Halifax Naval Yard. Canadian inspectors went to Connecticut and stamped those rifles with Dominion of Canada proofs. You may have a rare bird. If you have access to the Winchester Collectors Forum you may want to post pics there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.