Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 42C is just a 42B without sling swivels or peep sight - no cut out for one. I saw a national ad for one that was local. I was not really interested as it is just a scaled down 42B which I already have 2 of. I asked for pictures and the ones I got showed a stock crack under the bolt handle. It looked like something I could fix. The 42C was missing the mag (reason for low original price)and the bolt dust cover. The drive was just over an hour. The seller had mentioned the crack as if it was a big deal. Well it was a big deal but on the left side. Also the stock had been cut to accept a peep sight. I said "no thanks" and was leaving. The seller then offered it at half price saying I could get more for the parts. I don't ever remember parting out a firearm but always tried to complete them. I do have a couple wall hangers, one of which I used parts in another Model M, but have never parted out to sell parts. Anyway that 42C came home with me and now sits in a spare model 42B stock until I can locate a 42C stock. I cleaned the bolt (it was sluggish), & the S-102 rear sight. I now have a good set of model 42s. I have a 42, 42A, 2x 42B, now 42C, 42M-B Lend-Lease, 42MB(a) also Lead-Lease, 42M, 42M(c) & a 42M-C. Missing a L42A, 42M(a) 7 42M(b).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts