Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
VERY hard to find. I think it's down to watching ebay and looking in places like here. You could try a wanted ad. I'll say this though, it's far more economical to buy a complete carcano than to put one back together.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi anybody know where I might be able to find a stock set for a model 38 Carcano in 6.5 ? Bands and screws I tracked down easy ,but the stocks seem to be hard to find.
Greetings,
Sarco did have M38 Carcano stocks and hand guards. When I saw your post, I checked their sight. Unfortunately they are sold out. Sarco has the option to"contact when available"if they become available again. I have used this option in the past and Sarco did contact me when the item became available. Maybe worth a shot.
Check on Fleabay,Gunbroker,etc
Good luck !

·
Registered
142 Posts
For what it's worth, I have two Carcano's, a rifle and carbine that I acquired 25 or so years ago for pennies on the dollar as neither had a stock. The rifle I fitted to a Yugo 48 Mauser stock shortly after getting it. The carbine sat around, neglected and unloved till this winter when I decided to fit it to an unknown Mauser stock that came from my shooting buddies estate. I can say the Yugo gives a better fit.
To make a shootable rifle the stock has to be opened up a little inside to clear the Carcano trigger bar, otherwise it's a drop in fit. The carbine is going to get a better fit with plenty of Acra Glas to fill in the spaces.
Thewill be shooters, hopefully halfway accurate, but that determination awaits for the spring snow melt and access to the range.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.