Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Model 1917 I bought last year and I have noticed something that looks odd with the rear sight. When flipped up, the rear sight on the M1917 slopes forward, whereas the rear sight on my P14 sits up pretty much vertical. Is this normal or has something been assembled incorrectly.

TIA

Steve

·
Copper Bullet member
2,513 Posts
I have a Model 1917 I bought last year and I have noticed something that looks odd with the rear sight. When flipped up, the rear sight on the M1917 slopes forward, whereas the rear sight on my P14 sits up pretty much vertical. Is this normal or has something been assembled incorrectly.

TIA

Steve
The rear sights on all three of my 1917's (one of each manufacturer) slant slightly toward the muzzle when in the up position. Not by much, probably just by a couple of degrees, but it is noticable and not a true vertical. The Winchester seems to have a bit more slant than the other two, but just by a hair. I don't have a P14 to compare them to.

·
Diamond Member
4,292 Posts
I have two P-14s & two M1917s, all Eddystone. The 1917s are only 51 serial #s apart. One each of the 1917s & the P-14s appears to have a slight tilt, the others do not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts