Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too many Imperial era helmets have been posted here. So, thought I would share this M1915 Prussian Infantry Pickelhaube. Overall, fair condition at best. Liner material is rather fragile, and no chin strap. No legible maker or unit marks. But what I initially thought was a size 57, turns out to be 54 cm on closer inspection. Rather small!

Pictured with my WWI Luger. Enjoy, and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
The more, the merrier. Post 'em if you got 'em!

And just curious, as information seems varied on the M1915, if I were to buy a repro chinstrap, are the cockades standard or optional? I see examples both with and without cockades.

They were supposed to have them, red black and white was the NATIONAL colors for one side............opposite side had STATE colors..........ie....Bavaria would white and blue for example.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The more, the merrier. Post 'em if you got 'em!

And just curious, as information seems varied on the M1915, if I were to buy a repro chinstrap, are the cockades standard or optional? I see examples both with and without cockades.
Mine is in about the shape as OP's it's 1915 dated, I've always liked these and was happy to find this one in the local paper.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
1,205 Posts
But what I initially thought was a size 57, turns out to be 54 cm on closer inspection.
A friend who collects German helmets told me that the main reason is that leather shrinks with age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts