Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally had a chance to take my latest Spanish "lady" to the range and BOY did she perform.

This one is rather special in that at some point in time it was rechambered to 7.92 mm Mauser. As you can see, I was shooting 1954-dated Yugoslavian 8 mm Mauser ammunition. I had a very nice group at 25 yards with the POI being approx. 3 to 3.5 inches above my POA. Then at 50 yards using the same POA I was printing about 4.5 to 5 inches high. Next, I adjusted my POA to about 5 inches below where I wanted my shots to print and BINGO, they were grouping pretty much in the center of the target.

Lack of good light was becoming a factor as the sun was setting so I could not spend too much more time at the range, but I did manage a nice five-shot group at 50 yards with three of the five touching one another!

All in all, I am very pleased with the rifle's (and my) performance. I am curious to learn though whether sight blades of varying height are available for the Model 1893 Mauser as I do find it a bit of a nuisance to have to aim so much lower than where I want to hit.

Tim

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's a great looking rifle! Great shooter too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts