Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on my first Lebel Carbine and the 5 round cartridge lifting lever does not have any spring tension on it. The spring on the lever is present and the roller on the underside is there and they work. It looks like there should be something between the roller and the bottom of the magazine extension that makes it able to use 5 rounds. Would anyone have any idea what should be there and where to get it? The barrel has MAC 1919 on it and looks to be all matching SN#'s with exception of the bolt. Thank You for any help---DG

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

dang.:

The 'roller flat-spring' is most likely bent, broken or missing. Numrich called them the "Follower Arm Spring Platform", but even then they required some fitting. I will see what we have in reference photographs.

Edit: In the fine schematic above, the recurve of the "support d'elevateur", (1), is aft and downward. The flat/attach end fits into the machined slots and aligns with the forward screw hole of the magazine extension assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for the quick reply, the Follower Arm Spring Platform is what is missing, is it staked in or does it just set in there and the screw hold itm in place? I will try Numrich and see if they have one,--DG

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Don't forget, you always have the option of getting the whole unit as a replacement (probably not terribly more expensive), and/or swtching to the 3 round type. If nothing else, the 3 rd. en-bloc clips seem to be more prevalent and less expensive.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've been doing my research on Berthiers for the past few months prior to getting my first Mle 07-15. When I removed the buttplate, I found a tapered hole in the stock. Why? Meant for storage or just to lighten the weight?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Bohanan66:

It was a simple process to increase the surface area of the stock at its thickest point, for all of the attendant advantages. The primary benefits are that it reduces stress due to recoil and expansion, as well as dispersing harmonics. The weight reduction is only one of the minor consequent advantages.

However, if overpricing it for sale on the net, you can always claim that it is a sure sign of The Marksman Rifle, and facilitates the use of removable weights which can move the center of gravity to the taste of the shooter. When I saw that one I contacted the sell with my compliments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.