Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Looking for help identifying this flea market flare. I'm not finding positive identification through the usual looking around. I was leaning towards an outer part of the British Commonwealth such as India or Australia given the crossed flags...... Possibly a later arsenal rework given what seems to be a "44"?
Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior
Wood Trigger Line Gas Gun accessory
Motor vehicle Wood Rim Trunk Audio equipment
Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior
Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel
Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Australian, you can tell by the "D / arrow / K" manufactured in 1942. I cannot see the manufacturer in the pictures, maybe markings are buffed out. I would guess it is CSR in an oval, Colonial Sugar Refinery.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Where else is the D^K marking used and how does it translate?
I think I have only ever seen it on Aussie flare guns/Very pistols.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
That settles it. I NEED a copy of BA2
Thank you Ward. Between BA and bucket load of notes I thought I might have had things covered.

Question remains though. What is the meaning of DK?

·
Registered
53 Posts
That settles it. I NEED a copy of BA2
Thank you Ward. Between BA and bucket load of notes I thought I might have had things covered.

Question remains though. What is the meaning of DK?
according to the post right above yours it's a brass framed signal pistol.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
according to the post right above yours it's a brass framed signal pistol.
Yes, it's obviously a CSR Very pistol. So let me put it another way.
If D^D translates to Department of Defence. (proper spelling of defense) then what is the meaning of the letter K in the marking D^K?

·
Registered
322 Posts
To the best of my knowledge nobody has found a document which gives reference to the D /|\ K mark and its meaning.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
To the best of my knowledge nobody has found a document which gives reference to the D /|\ K mark and its meaning.
Apparently Skennerton hasn't run across it either. At least not until after his latest book had already gone to press.
It's in the guise of a property mark and so far has only been spotted on some Very pistols out of Australia. There has to be a clue there somewhere?

Look over containers of Golden Syrup. See if its there? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts