Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I am still learning. My LSA has the original barrel on it (same serial number, matching wear, etc. Other than that, I have:

An RFI stamped Ishapore magazine, but scrubbed and restamped with the same serial number as the receiver and barrel.
An RFI stamped Ishapore rear sight with a non-matching serial number.
A Lithgow front sight blade ('A' inside an 8 point star).
A brass butt plate with a worn '232' stamped on top.
An IS stamped Ishapore bolt.
A BA stamped Bathurst Rifle Factory noseguard (no serial number).
A 'G3 and B' stamped (under crown) Birmingham Small Arms trigger. The trigger guard has the same 'C' as the front handguard and rear sight protector?

And the following mystery marks.

Rear sight protector.
Front hand guard.

Behind charger bridge.
The 'A'?

And what does the "O" or "0" mean above the serial numbers?

Any assistance is and will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your (collective) time.

·
2,756 Posts
Not much of a help here, but the O on the barrel and receiver would be the serial number prefix. If the handguard and sight ears marks were a mistruck "O", they would mean suitable for drill purpose rifle only... but it does look more like a "C" than a mistruck O. The A on the back of the receiver is also a mystery to me, I'm afraid. Any more clues on the rifle?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Son. On another forum, a member told me that Ishapore used the 'C' for parts converted from ShtLE I**'s. No more clues that I can identify, just an 'HV' stamp in front of the rear sight for high velocity ammunition. There are no import marks, so I cannot track it that way either.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks, Son. On another forum, a member told me that Ishapore used the 'C' for parts converted from ShtLE I**'s.
Well you have something there as far as the front handguard goes, it looks like quite a low profile, check to see where the inner band inlet is and/or was.

Doesn't hold for the marked rear sight ears as that type was never made for a Mk 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.