Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybone snagged any of these offered by Mitchells? I was thinkin i was gonna get somethin special if i bought the "collector" condition rifle but then i looked on the website and they have to higer grades "premium" and "museum quality". I would like to know what differences designate them as higer grades, i would assume slight handling marks and such but when theres a $200 dollar difference between "collector" and "premium" and $500 diff. between "premium" and "mus. quality" i can only wonder. Help?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do some research on Mitchell's Mauser first BEFORE doing research on the different types of M48 rifles they have. Go to BBB Online and start there. MM is a pretty notorious company around here.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,712 Posts
Do some research on Mitchell's Mauser first BEFORE doing research on the different types of M48 rifles they have. Go to BBB Online and start there. MM is a pretty notorious company around here.
Basically what he's saying is don't give your money to MM.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh, im glad i got a second opinion! Im sure one of the sponsors would do me a good straight deal, ill have to start lookin. Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
"snagged" would only be used in a Mitchels Mauser purchase when describing how far they snagged your shorts up your ,,,,,,well use your imagination

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
the difference between "collector" & "premium" is how heavily they've sanded the stocks. I saw one in a shop (tagged $395) that was so heavily sanded the stock edges had about a good 1/8" radius.
Reblued, markings botched. No. Nothing you want. Don't waste your money.

Hey! Is this the first "Let's bash MM" topic on the new set up??? :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you want a m48 try"big 5".I bought a few there a while ago and they where as new w/
sling and bayonet.$200.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bought one several years ago. I am not dissapointed, I did luck up and get the absolute last of 4 digit serial numbers, and a nice elm stock, only thing wrong it has an arsenal patch in forearm side, extremely well done though. Rifle had not been sanded or reblued, all lines and markings were crisp.

Now six or 7 years later, I probably would shop and look a bit more.

·
Silver Bullet member
876 Posts
I love my M48, but a piec of paper saying it is authentic is not worth the extra 300 bucks, rifle + sling + cleaning kit + bayo $250 I learnde quick, reasearch first ALOT before buying ! Good luck finding your M48!

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,309 Posts
Betcha my $79 M-48's and 24/47's are every bit as accurate as your $300 Mitchell:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts