Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used Mitchell Arms M-90 308 caliber...it came without a magazines..so I obtained some aftermarket USA mags...I know these are not the best; but it was all I good find...I put the mag in the rifle..and tried to hand cycle some dummy rounds that I made..it would cycle the first round; but would not pick up the other rounds out of the mag..I looked and it appeared to me that the rifle magazine catch was not fitting tightly against the rear of the the mag...appeared to be a small gap...so I got some duct tape small strips and put it over the rear catch of the mag...I reinserted the mag..and if fit tight and seemed to cycle ok...when I did it by hand...has anyone had a similar problem...and How do i fix this in a permanet manner...any input would be appreciated.

·
Silver Bullet member
287 Posts
First off, the USA mags are trash. If you took an unmodified M14 mag and it popped in with that much room, your mag is way out of spec. I have 2 Mitchell 30 rd. mags that won't fit tight at all in my M90. They won't feed for Shiite either. You need to use a MilSpec mag or a Chinese T57 mag. They need to be modified to fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts