Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the board think about these, advertised at $799 as "authentic, original sniper rifle manuf. during wwII with its original matching scope". Better than what else is being sold? Same? No really original or matching. I know Mitchells has received lots of bad press from many people re their k98s. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
For much less money, I can mount a UTG mount and a great Bariska ZOOM scope, on one of our four Bubba stocks, and out shoot that.

Two of our 91/30 rifles can be switched in/out, of their style and use in less than about 15 minutes... But, actually, I prefer the original

looks, as built. I would not want a Mitchell Mauser abomination unless I found it for cheap, and then, could bring it back to proper looks.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Mitchell's has sold both fake and real PU snipers. The ones I've seen recently have been the real deal. However, how do you know for sure what you will get? Even if I could hand pick it, myself, I would not give them my money, due to their business practices, overall. Besides, you can still find something as good/better for the same money or less if you know where to look. I would pass.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Let's not encourage folks who butcher history, to make a dollar! Board sponsors have better deals! An important aspect of our Sponsors, is that
they honor the fairness of a deal.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
+1.
Mitchell's sold total fakes (not replicas, but downright deliberately misrepresented fakes) for quite a while and got a very despicable representation with collectors for it. Lately the Mosin snipers look real, but I would never give them a dime for all the people they have sold junk to. I recently saw somebody trying to sell one of their fake PUs on a major auction site, still thinking it was real and asking what he paid, nearly $800, though it obviously had a replica scope and no correct markings. Replica PUs from Big Five at $450 were pretty much the same thing, but sold honestly.

As was said above, go to our sponsors for a Mosin sniper- they have proved themselves honest. I have a Classic 43 Tula PU that is the most accurate of all my snipers and have bought two SKSs from Royal Tiger with great results.

Mitchell's has sold both fake and real PU snipers. The ones I've seen recently have been the real deal. However, how do you know for sure what you will get? Even if I could hand pick it, myself, I would not give them my money, due to their business practices, overall. Besides, you can still find something as good/better for the same money or less if you know where to look. I would pass.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Classic and Royal Tiger.. and another nonsponsor has em.. spend your money with them. Avoid Mitchell like he is the worst kind of used car sales man...
I'm not sure about current offerings, but Classic has a history or passing off fakes as well. I had my run in with thier "original 91/30 snipers" several years ago. When the rifles arrived, they were fakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.