Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent out a #9 Mk1 .22rf rifle to a customer in Ca. Never made it all the way. Last reported in LA (figures!). Serial # 43889. Please keep an eye out for it. They are rare.
Thanks
SteveK

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I didn’t know there were any N9 .22 trainers with a 5-digit serial number? Hope it turns up.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I didn’t know there were any N9 .22 trainers with a 5-digit serial number? Hope it turns up.
Its certainly weird, with only 3000 manufactured, I wonder what serial number, 'number 1' was ?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's insured but I hope some gang banger doesn't make it into a handgun. These are very rare. Am thinking of stopping sales to Ca
SteveK

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
10,377 Posts
This thread makes me sad. :cry:

·
copper Bullet Member
11,406 Posts
It's insured but I hope some gang banger doesn't make it into a handgun. These are very rare. Am thinking of stopping sales to Ca
SteveK
CA seems notorious(to us) for in transit thefts and problematic buyers, Must be noted by others as some selling sites for our hobby are considering software changes with auto bid blocking for certain "undesirable" states. What does you shipper say so far?

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
25,214 Posts
It's insur9999ed but I hope some gang banger doesn't make it into a handgun. These are very rare. Am thinking of stopping sales to Ca
SteveK
I think that rifle is one of the craftmade .22's in the late 1960's. There never was a No. 9 rifle accepted into service. It was a N.9 rifle.
The examples of the "No. 9 Mk1 .22" are described with pictures on the UK Rifleman site.
Regardless of this, I hope the rifle shows up. I've been reading about many slow rifle deliveries. And this is an interesting rifle, to be sure.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
47,718 Posts
I ship rifles and handguns every week,

Covid/woohooflu/beer flu has the delivery systems all jacked up,

got a payment via priority, label created and mailed on the 18th, projected deliver (listed on the label) was the 22nd, and it showed up on the 26th,

ditto some rifles, if the post office , fed ex (The Worst) or UPS says 3-4 days, double or triple that,

I've not had issues shipping to Cali (I'm in Va) but have had some slow deliveries to Il and NJ

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a call from my Ca. customer. He was advised by the police that 3 persons were arrested yesterday at the PO for stealing packages. They think my gun was likely to be one of the firearms. Trouble shipping long guns is that most know what is in the box. Should find out soon.

My customer, John, advised that he just bought a #8 single shot and needs this #9 to fill a hole in his .22 trainer collection. We are both praying that this works out.
SteveK

·
copper Bullet Member
11,406 Posts
I hope its recovered but may take a while. If held for evidence, property return may take forever if at all. Now perps may be tried on Fed and State charges for good headlines and propaganda against shipping arms to California. BTW CA-DOJ thinks they are the Gestapo arm of the Fed ATF. Law and order are secondary to them as long as they qualify for Safety Retirement like cops. Many will retire as millionaires

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If it was sent USPS, they've been having some major problems right now. I've had a few guns show up a week or more after it was supposed to get here. Just wait and it will most likely show up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's a depressing thing to hear. I too, hope that trainer is recovered.

I used to work at LAX in the early '90s while I was in college. I worked for a ground services contractor that used to load/unload/re-fuel for DHL/USPS/Lan Chile, etc. The theft that went on at that place was unbelievable. There were MONTHLY arrests made by the Airport Police, LAPD, and USPS investigators. Crew men used to steal the yellow-enveloped checks from mail flats (these were social security or SSI checks), anything with "Gateway" (remember those computers) printed on the boxes, or any Nike boxes. I was paranoid working there for the four years I was employed. Not that I stole anything (I didn't) but I never wanted to witness any theft. The majority of the crews were local gang members from the City of Paramount, Hawthorne, Lennox, Compton, and Bell Gardens. One guy who worked there was killed in a gang shooting. Another guy ran from the police in a stolen car and piled up on the freeway, wrong way in traffic. It was truly a thug-heavy crew. One morning, I climbed onto the top of a pallet that had hung up on the inside of a 747. As I was untangling the cargo netting, I looked up and saw a very small camera fixed to the fuselage of the aircraft. My paranoia level went way up. Once I graduated, I never returned to that area, and haven't been to LAX since 1998.

Off-topic, but again, hope the rifle is recovered.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
Over on the S&W forum there was a report about another set of gun thefts at a UPS depot in Atlanta IIRC. Pistols were the preferred item in that case. 3/4 arrested.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,406 Posts
Right now firearms are in huge demand and crooks will go the extra mile due to profit. Still hope to see a post saying found. ANy tracking updates?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
Right now firearms are in huge demand and crooks will go the extra mile due to profit.
Worrying times. I should be seeing shipping info for two coming out of California. Let's hope they escape whole.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,406 Posts
Shipping to, or ordering from CA, is a crap shoot. They seem to be able to even change laws while you wait.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
......... They seem to be able to even change laws while you wait.
One of the reasons some refused to recognize a C&R from Chicago/Cook County Illinois. The good folks at the Kittery Trading Post even pulled out the notice from the Maine State Police warning them in advance not to do it. Not because I was upset. Because they wanted I should see for myself.
Ran into dealers elsewhere having the same reaction to the license address after that. Couldn't blame them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts