Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I've scoured the interwebs trying to get this sorted, but my google-fu has failed me.
I bought a 'Yugo M70AB2' at a gunshow a while back and got all hot and bothered when I saw it stamped on the trunnion as such. Had the grenade launcher sight, the flip up night sights (minus the actual glowy stuff, but thats cool), bayo lug, the works. Only... Its a fixed stock, not an underfolder. Took me a bit to get that figured out. But anyways, it looks like the front end is all original surplus (barrel, piston tube, upper/lower handguards, rear sight block, trunnion) but the dust cover, butt stock and receiver are not the yugo style, though the receiver is obviously bulged (RPK?). So some gunsmith got a parts kit and did the best he could, without going to too much trouble to make it original. Unfortunate, but whatever.
Now for the tricky bit, the safety selector is for a Yugo underfolder (though no BHO cutout) and it refuses to be lifted all the way to vertical. I'm not sure if its a ComBloc fire control group or some new production one, or what, but the safety level hits on the disconnector tail when lifted. If it had a shepards hook I could take that out, then remove the hammer and trigger group like I did with my O-PAP, but it has a retainer plate (looks like a Power Custom, but I know nothing of these plates).

To the meat of the issue!
Is there any way for me to finagle things around so I can remove the fire control group and safety lever, without cutting the retainer plate? I'd like the be able to clean down in there, as well as see exactly what is there. Some single hook trigger.

That's what happens when you buy in the heat of passion, I suppose.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,720 Posts
You have a so called "full auto" selector paddle in a FCG group secured by a retainer plate. This is a bad ju-ju set up for removing the FCG as you have noted you cannot remove the selector because of the disconnector tail and you cannot remove the axis pins because the selector left side pivot traps the retainer plate in position.

Try rotating the selector backwards by rotating it past the selector stop and around from the rear. You will have to lift it out and away from the selector stop and rivets etc.

Once you remove it you can either go back to the shepherds hook or trim the inside of the selector paddle on the left side only to clear the disconnector for removal with the retainer in place etc.
The rear of the disconnector can also be trimmed to allow the selector paddle to clear but this is not as often done and can allow the hammer to fall when rotating the selector above horizontal..

See pic for selector difference.

http://i.imgur.com/VlJyLhe.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AKBLUE, you are simply fantastic. Just.... Wonderful! Slight bit of prying on the selector and viola! I now have a filthy, filthy AK fire control group sitting in my lap. Thank you so much! Hopefully if anyone else has this issue they will be able to find your post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The paddle... Like, turn the part of the selector lever that looks like, well, a paddle, into the semi-auto shape? That sure would make my life a heck of a lot easier in the future... haha!

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,720 Posts
The paddle... Like, turn the part of the selector lever that looks like, well, a paddle, into the semi-auto shape? That sure would make my life a heck of a lot easier in the future... haha!
Just be sure the right side (closest to the selector) of the paddle will cover the right side of the trigger bar. That is what the "safety" does is trap that bar so the trigger cannot be "pulled". You remove from the left area that interferes/contacts with the disconnector tail only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts