Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1:) .44 percussion boot pistol with screw off barrel mint excellent condition, excellent bore.
Marked C.N.C with serial #. Pics 1- 3 SOLD

2:) Argentine M91 bayonet. Crest intact though light, serial# scrubbed, missing button & scabbard, light surface rusted pommel, lightly pitted blade. pics 4 - 8 $50

3:) Very poor condition & sad original Japanese bayonet frog.. was hard, dried & crusty.. I tried cleaning with leather conditioner & strap came off & bottom part flaked & crumbled off. Pic 9.. pic shows strap hanging off, but it did come off after pic & have the piece. $??

4:) Brand new saddle mate leather sling with suede lining. Pic 10 .. buttons missing from pic, but have them $2

5:) Finnish mosin oiler bottles.. Marked SA on bottle & maker marked on lid.. I have 2 available.. Pics 11-12 $5ea

6:) NIB, Hornady 36 cal lead round balls .375 stock#6020.. 99 balls in box Pic 13 SOLD
(See post 3 for list of example stuff I'm looking for in trade)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
7:) 20 rounds once fired brass with box Remington 35 pics 1-2 $5

8:) 20 rounds brass 30-06 with poor condition box Winchester Super Speed 30-06 Springfield.
(couple of different mixed headstamps. Pics 3-5 SOLD

9:) Box of 15 rounds Argentine Mauser 7.65x53 Discolored, exterior corrosion. For display or components pics 6 -8 SOLD

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
10:) Mosin Nagant bolt tool. Have 2 available,, unmarked though pic shows mark. Pic1 $4ea

11:) Pistol/Revolver holster. I have no idea what it's for or what fits. pic2 $5

12:) WWII German Mother's Cross 3rd class (Bronze).. enamel & metal in excellent condition.. ribbon is less than desirable.. see photos 3 & 4 (Traded to Micmacman )

13:) British No9. R.O.F Poole, 1949. No scabbard pic 5 (Returned to Collection)

14:) Japanese Bayonet. 1897 Pattern Type 30 Variation A. Tokyo Arsenal. Dirty, cosmoline, surface rusted pommel & scabbard, decent blade... pics 6 - 12 (Returned to Collection )

I'm looking for various things/trade
List of stuff I'm looking for

send PM or email via board.
in case board email not working my email is croc [at] ablewise [dot] com

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
even more stuff..

15 :) Daisy Powerline Model 93 C02 BB Gun with 4 extra bb clips, 2 C02 cartridges & roughly 200 - 300 bbs. Pic 1 $25

16:) 7 full containers of .17 lead pellets .. pic2 $14 or free with purchase of pellet gun below

17:) Single shot pump .17 pellet gun. FPS unknown, made in China - unmarked. pics - 3 -5 $50 w/pellets

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gew 88

18 :) Gew 88 barrelled reciever with some small parts.. rusty, dirty, poor condition, bore packed full of cosmoline, bore condition unknown.. trigger guard screws cut.. (could not get apart).
Danzig 1895 S ---- Pics 1 -5 $20

19:) Scrubbed Gew 88 barrelled receiver, stripped of small parts. Reciever decent shape, barrel exterior surface rusted, Bore dark & dirty. needs to be cleaned, but lands & grooves sharp, some light frosting at muzzle. (some sort of vent hole in barrel near chamber end?? Pics 6 -8 $10

20:) Gew 88 barrelled reciever with some small parts #2.. rusty, dirty, poor condition. Tube has rust hole in it.. Steyr, can't read date. Pics 9 -12 $15
adding more pics to the next post

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
see pics 1 & 2 for rest of Gew 88 above..

21 :) Gew 88 Barrel Jackets.. RUSTY with HOLES! One has rear site base & ladder & spring. Have 3
pic #3 $30 for all 3

22 :) Pair of decorative flintlock pistols.. I have no idea who made them or if they're non firing replicas or fireable reproductions, but these are definitely not no period pieces. Probably for display only. Pics 4 - 8 $125

23:) Strange folding knife with wood handle & brass ferrule.. blade was marked with something & USM but is faded
pic#9 $10

24 :) Belgian Trade Shotgun Single Barrel Indian Blanket Gun. Pics 10 -12 see next post.. alot of pics REDUCED TO $200

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
#24 continued.. Birmingham proofed, marked Parker, London. (pics 1 -12 continued from 10-12 above post)

here's quoted info I recieved from one person whom tried to identify it for me

"looks like a Belgian-made "trade" single barrel shotgun, proofed in Birmingham. Vintage somewhere between 1850-1875, and cut down. This is what would be called a "poacher's gun." Likely this was an inexpensive gun that was retailed in Britain (accounting for the proof marks) but actually made in Belgium, or perhaps assembled from imported parts by a gunmaker in Britain, for sale to middle-income buyers, say gamekeepers or country gentlemen of modest means. the name "Parker" means nothing: it could be the retailer but more likely it was just a name applied by the Belgian maker to enhance prestige and sales: a common practice. The silver oval in the wrist of the stock was for engraving the owner's initials.The half-octagon barrel with "wedding band" decorations suggest this was a slightly-better-than-middle-grade gun to begin with, perhaps made for a youth as a present. The back-action lock is typically Belgian. British gunmakers preferred to use sidelocks for expensive guns and box locks for less pricey ones, but the back action locks were generally imported, as were the barrels. The "crest" or "pineapple looking" thing is the Birmingham proof mark, which had to be applied before the gun could be legally sold. It's definitely a cut-down shotgun, you can tell that from the shape of the stock. It was probably a middling-nice gun that somehow came into the possession of a somewhat less respectable individual, who then cut it down so it could be hidden under a coat or in a boot, and used to poach rabbits or pheasants in Milord's fields and woods. Maybe the original barrel burst, maybe it was worn out and passed along by Milord to a ghillie, who knows...whatever and however it happened, the new owner took a saw to the stock and the barrel and hacked it back. This would not have been done so that it could be used for sporting purposes."

The next person suggested the following;

"During the fur trade era the indians could not bring their trade guns into the traders forts (sort of an early gun free zone), so damaged northwest trade guns got cut down into short weapon that could be concealed in their blanket"

More details;
The lock plate, hammer & trigger guard are engraved.. the name Parker is on the lock plate. Top of barrel is marked London & has british proof marks... Silver or platinum lines are at breech.. Notice tang is broken.. see photos for more info
16 1/2 Inches. Barrel length 10 15/16 inches
8 sided octogonal barrel. Rounded at end. 3/4 in. Dia. 9/16 bore
Ramrod is 9 3/4 w 3/4 tip does not fit barrel.
5 inch tang

More pics upon request

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
collector ammo?

25 :) Full box 50 rounds Winchester .32 Automatic Colt 7.65 Browning Full Patch, April 1920 Pic1 REDUCED TO $40 + UPS Shipping

26 :) Partial box late 1800s Winchester 22 Long Range.. headstamp H. 29 ROUNDS Pic2 & 3 REDUCED TO $110 + UPS Shipping

27 :) Partial box late 1800s/early 1900s Union Metallic Cartridge Company .32 Smith & Wesson.. 37 rounds.. pics 4 & 5 $50 + UPS Shipping

(MORE INFO ON THE OLD AMMO & BOXES AT http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=8473

28 :) Unknown cross star with Chaplain's Crest. I think maybe Canadian or Australian, but really don't know. Pic #6 SPF to Bill

29 :) ITEM REMOVED

30 :) Steyr M95 butt swivels (have a pair of them) (I need gew 88 swivels.. I think they're same as found on Cz24..) Pic#7 $8

31 :) Mosin nagant stripper clips. Finnish, Tikka logo.. have 20 available 5 for $10 (these may be the Masen manufactured repros)

CLICK LINK FOR SOME STUFF I'D ACCEPT IN TRADE.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If you don't receive any trade offer and want to just sell out right. I am interested in Numbers 5 & 14 Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Adding another item.

31:) Mosin Nagant stripper clips. original finn, Tikka. I have 20 available. No pic, great condition. I bought alot of these thinking I'd need them but I can load 5 rounds by hand faster than I can with a stripper clip. 5 for $10

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
PM and email sent on #28 Unknown cross star with Chaplain's Crest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts