Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased this byf 44 from Allan. Matching receiver, bands and stock with non matching but matching itself bolt. Not sure about this trigger guard. error or non-matching? Anyhow I am happy with it for now, a range test this spring will tell the tale. K

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
not to disagree bigdibbs but how is the font wrong with only seeing this one marking, and proofs?
Compare the font to the font on the receiver. MO font is very easy to spot and the font on the TG is not it. Also an e block would not have a numbered TG, at least mine didn't. Should be the floorplate.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The baseplate and trigger guard are milled. Also, front band is stamped and rear band is milled although they both match receiver. Was Oberndorf still doing milled parts in mid 44? I double checked the bolt root and although I don't have a picture, a 63 is showing faintly. Is this a dou/dot bolt then? The other WaA's showing on this rifle are 135 except rear sight. The rear sight has a 655 on ladder and a Weimar eagle on the base.?? Looks like a little mix and match went on somewhere. Thanks for all your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts