Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Miniatures are a collectible in their own right- yours seems to be marketed by a firm in Wurzburg but difficult to tell from the pics. It might also be made by Alcoso... post closer pics of both those markings...

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have come across a miniature Luftwaffe dagger for sale. Can anyone shed light on the engraving/the value of this piece?

Thanks
As stated, the engraving may have something to with a firm that sold daggers...I believe the miniatures were samples, so ones with this information would have made good advertising...I paid $400 for mine quite a number of years ago....Bodes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As stated, the engraving may have something to with a firm that sold daggers...I believe the miniatures were samples, so ones with this information would have made good advertising...I paid $400 for mine quite a number of years ago....Bodes
Thank you

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
SMF is Solingen Metallwaren-Fabrik, also known as Stocker & Co. This is certainly an original dealer sample, marketed by Ernst Stenz of Wurzburg, a pretty town south of Schweinfurt that escaped most of WWII until the very end...
I'm out of touch with collector prices on these, but they are quite collectable.

·
Registered
722 Posts
SMF is Solingen Metallwaren-Fabrik, also known as Stocker & Co. This is certainly an original dealer sample, marketed by Ernst Stenz of Wurzburg, a pretty town south of Schweinfurt that escaped most of WWII until the very end...
I'm out of touch with collector prices on these, but they are quite collectable.
Schweinfurt was bombed due to having a ball bearing plant....Ball bearings vital to guidance systems such as that I believe for the V-2 rockets....Bodes

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,699 Posts
Nice piece. As stated, looks to be an original sales, sample, give away item. While Rare, smaller group of collectors, separate from the larger group of regular dagger collectors, so not as pricey as one would think. I would agree with close to the price of a regular LW Dagger, but going to be a little slower to sell. Of course, I am sure you have already had a few offers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts