Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
54r at The Creek. 190 a crate. My buddies doing a group buy for a few of us.

He picked up some crates of 8mm turk for .25c/rd and reloadable .303 for 50c/rd.

No surplus x39. Commercial for the same as online pricing without shipping cost.

of course the Romanian 8 millimeter is ridiculous At .50ish c/per round

·
Gold Bullet Member
885 Posts
And for you reloaders - there was practically no powder. Unless you want to purchase 30+ year old 1 lb tin cans for $30 a pound you are SOL. Only powders available in multiple places was for 50 cal.

Plenty of 7n6 5.45x39 at $460 a case.

·
Banned
21,279 Posts
GS,

If any of your buddies live near Richmond VA I'd like to get in that group buy if possible, for 2 crates.

·
Registered
214 Posts
54r at The Creek. 190 a crate. My buddies doing a group buy for a few of us.
What's "The Creek"?

Glad I stocked up on 54r last year, my average price is roughly $140 a crate. I'll buy again if I can get it down to $150 a crate, but it's probably going to be a while now that everyone spreading fear and panic. I'll bet there are people who don't even own a rifle chambered in 54r buying now, lol.

Haha wanted to see if I could get in for a crate of that x54r for $190
I'm going to see if this fear has legs, and if so I may start liquidating some at ~$220/crate. If not, I'll continue to hoard it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's "The Creek"?

Glad I stocked up on 54r last year, my average price is roughly $140 a crate. I'll buy again if I can get it down to $150 a crate, but it's probably going to be a while now that everyone spreading fear and panic. I'll bet there are people who don't even own a rifle chambered in 54r buying now, lol.

I'm going to see if this fear has legs, and if so I may start liquidating some at ~$220/crate. If not, I'll continue to hoard it.

140 a crate? In the last year? From the main surplus supply market? No way ! Not unless you're cost averaging over several years or you've been scoring off someone liquidating their old stash not knowing or caring what it's worth. That happens sometimes.

I have a buddy that just scored thousands of rounds of 7n6 for .12c/rd. The dude knew what he had but just wanted to dump it locally FTF for fast cash.

·
Banned
21,279 Posts
LGS had it for $269 for a crate today. At first, they had it posted for $269 per can, but, that was in error....

·
Registered
214 Posts
140 a crate? In the last year? From the main surplus supply market? No way !
Actually, it's $137.53 per crate via the Excel spreadsheet I monitor it with, and no, I'm not sharing how I accomplish this feat on an public internet message board!

It's for investment purposes, and I view it no differently than the stock market. And I'm very keenly aware that 7.62x54r is in fact far different from other milsup rounds that have dried up, in that unless there's a form of government intervention, it should remain cheap for many YEARS to come. It's the, "government intervention" part that I'm banking on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.