Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
Well, the thing about Ross Rifles is they're about the scarcest major national combatant WW1 rifle that was mass produced and widely issued. Because of their recall from service on the grounds of various faults, they never had the reservoir of replacement parts that other rifles relegated to second-line service would've had. And then consider the number that fell to Drill Purpose deactivation or were cannibalized for parts...

Basically, you should be incredibly proud to have one in any condition, much less two almost-completes. I've never even seen one in person, and the few I've seen sporterized started in the half a grand range and just went up from there. You could probably have a stockmaker make you a replacement, if you can find someone to loan you an original for a pattern, but it won't be cheap.

· Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
Holy crap. I have a barrel band for one of those!

I bought a giant bin of rifle parts a gunsmith had kept from sporterizing numerous rifles, and there's some mysterious bits left over. I swear there's one barrel band that's been sitting on my desk for a month that looks suspiciously like the midband on your Ross.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.