Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Ponchsox, Fifty bucks for a carbine mag ? Wow! Back in the ancient days gone by the local AFB moved from Carbines to M-16’s and dumped about five hundred mags in a dumpster at their range, one of the supervisors called me and indicated if I wanted them I would need to beat the trash truck. My girls threw most of them out where I dumped them into my pickup bed. Sold mags at gun shows for $.50 and gave away a few hundred, still have about thirty or more to feed my ten Carbines….that original DCM Carbine cost me about $20 bucks.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Ponchsox, Fifty bucks for a carbine mag ? Wow! Back in the ancient days gone by the local AFB moved from Carbines to M-16’s and dumped about five hundred mags in a dumpster at their range, one of the supervisors called me and indicated if I wanted them I would need to beat the trash truck. My girls threw most of them out where I dumped them into my pickup bed. Sold mags at gun shows for $.50 and gave away a few hundred, still have about thirty or more to feed my ten Carbines….that original DCM Carbine cost me about $20 bucks.
I did not want to say this, but even today, no need to pay that.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Hmm, sounds like an RTI carbine owner...just kidding. ;)
No, I got my carbines before all this crazy set in. This website prevented me from making that error on some other RTI offings, Italian and British. I have been known to learn my lessons the hard way. Just not this time.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm not saying the price is good, just that they have them. I'm sure you can find them cheaper if you look. I don't blame J&G for taking advantage of high M1 Carbine prices.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts