Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a G-VG serial number 1153533. Was really hoping that it would've been all Winchester but I guess thats the luck of the draw. From the serial range, i'm guessing it's 1942 range. Just wanted to share for those who were wondering about them. Feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That is good-verygood, looks like a nice gun to me. Then I am not a collector, so; my opinion may not matter.

You think moving up a grade would have helped with the desire for more matching?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The stock is a war time replacement that was on another Carbne at one time. Might be an Inland trigger group. The housing marks are usually on the right side. I'd say most of these will have swapped stocks, groups, slides, bolts. Nice that it has it's original band. Probably the front sight too. Hand guard is for an early Underwood.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
For all you folks who are buying these M1 Carbines you should look into picking up a replica folding stock while they bare still available. I've noticed the SARCO pages in "Firearms News" has not listed the add for them in the last two issues I have received. Even thought they are replicas, a folding stock of the M1A1 configuration would be worth picking up if for no other reason than for display purposes. I picked up a replica folder from SARCO a couple months back and I really enjoy shooting my shooter Inland M1 Carbine with it installed on the carbine.
The direction gun legislation appears to be headed these days I'm afraid folding stocks for the carbine might be very restricted except for originals. Just some of my thoughts about our collecting interests in these times. I might just have to pick up another folder in the near future for mounting on either my Std. Prod. or the Saginaw S'G' pieces, only for display and not for shooting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm happy to add this to my American collection. Now I need to to find a period correct magazine. Possibly ebay or is there somewhere else I shoucd check?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice! Got an email from Midway this morning, my Underwood is on it's way. If your carbine is typical for G-VG, then I'll be very pleased once I get it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I am somewhat impressed with how people have responded with Midway compared to RTI sales of the same gun. People are pretty smart, most of them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks pretty nice. I guess the big question is how much? Lots of carbines out there that nice.
I did look at the RTI site last week and laughed. Those appeared to me to be 6-$700 guns.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts