Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are likely moving to the UP of Michigan. I currently have an Ohio and Indiana CCW license. I am also a former Ohio State Trooper with 13 years of service. I know a written and firearms proficiency test are required but are waived if you were a LE officer of at least 10 years. Does anyone know if they require some type of proof regarding this?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The wife and I are likely moving to the UP of Michigan. I currently have an Ohio and Indiana CCW license. I am also a former Ohio State Trooper with 13 years of service. I know a written and firearms proficiency test are required but are waived if you were a LE officer of at least 10 years. Does anyone know if they require some type of proof regarding this?

Thanks!!
bcsatch,

I suggest you send your question to the Michigan Attorney General and print out the reply. Another question, Why did you stop being a state trooper after 13 years?

Webley

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bcsatch,

I suggest you send your question to the Michigan Attorney General and print out the reply. Another question, Why did you stop being a state trooper after 13 years?

Webley
Sick of law enforcement and took a better job in the private sector as a PI, way better money. Yes, I plan on contacting the AG, just wanted to know if anyone had run into this before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.