Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my MG42 for over 50 years and during that time I been "accumulating" accessories for the gun. Now has come the time to give some new owner custodianship of the gun and items. Most of the items are not seen in today's market and I don't have any idea of their current value. All of the items are original WWII vintage. Here is list of things I'd like to get some idea of current value.

MG42 Tripod (Lafette 42)
MG42 Tripod (Lafette 42) Optics with case
Four 50rd drum magazines in carrying rack (2 drums per rack)
Three 50 rd.drums
2 - 250 rd metal ammo cans
25 - 50 round belts
Four 8mm barrels
Two metal barrel carriers, each with 8mm barrel
Late War Gunner pouch with spare bolt and AA Sight
Box of spare parts - firing pins, ejectors, etc.

Not WWII, but works in gun.
MG3 AA Tripod
MG3 Heavy bolt with hydraulic buffer
Two 7.62x51mm barrels
5 - 900 rd. factory sealed wood crates of Portuguese 8mm ammo

THESE ITEMS ARE TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE MG42. I DO NOT WANT TO SELL THEM SEPARATELY!

Appreciate any assistance.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,569 Posts
I've had my MG42 for over 50 years and during that time I been "accumulating" accessories for the gun. Now has come the time to give some new owner custodianship of the gun and items. Most of the items are not seen in today's market and I don't have any idea of their current value. All of the items are original WWII vintage. Here is list of things I'd like to get some idea of current value.

MG42 Tripod
MG42 Tripod Optics with case
Three 50 rd.drums
25 - 50 round belts
Four 8mm barrels

Two 7.62x51mm barrels

THESE ITEMS ARE TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE MG42. I DO NOT WANT TO SELL THEM SEPARATELY!

MG42 Tripod
MG42 Tripod Optics with case
Three 50 rd.drums
25 - 50 round belts
Four 8mm barrels

Two 7.62x51mm barrels

Bill,
Questions. Condition, make and originality? Registered C&R? REWAT? Is the Tripod an AA Tripod or a Lafette 42 w/optics? How big of a pile of spare parts do you have - bolts etc...? Comments. That is a big elephant (Gun and accessories) for an individual to buy at once, may what to reconsider breaking some stuff up. For example at .60 cent a round you have $2700 in ammo. I bet it would fetch .80 per round in the right circumstance. MGs don't come up for sale too often these day. On the other hand 8mm ammo is pretty hard to find these days and 7.62 NATO is not cheap. None-the-less, you have presented one heck of an opportunity for someone.
Best Regards, Shannon

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MG42 was a GI bring back and I bought it in 1969 just after he registered it during the 1968 Amnesty.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,569 Posts
All,

Did not intend to quote reply, let alone twice.

So for sake of argument, let say the gun is worth $40K and the parts are $10K-$15K, you've got to have a small pile cash laying around to buy it. However, as have others have posted, its condition and variation that really matters.

My thoughts. Best regards, Shannon

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
A good way to find sold prices is to look up completed auctions from Rock Island or Morphy’s. You can just google “mg42” and the name of the auction house and see a few pages of past lots. Also, remember that whoever paid that final bid was also paying a buyers premium on top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.