Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up recently, the thing is in really really nice shape but I dont know much about them. It has a brass plate with 3 numbers on it. Im told that the police used these?:confused:

Cocking knob is pretty unique as well. The thing that surprised me was how well the bore was...really nice:p

What can you tell me about this rifle? I will send pics soon, once I figure out how to do it:eek:

:):):):):):)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,273 Posts
If it has a cocking piece like a SPringfield and SPringfield type upper band,you have a Mexcian 1936 Mauser.Buttplate will have a trap in it too.Most rifles were thrashed to pieces.Gettting one with a good bore is lucky.Years ago they were sporterised and sought after to make sporters out of.Oh it has a semi turned down bolt handle-not like a German 98,more like the Peru 35.Either way good find, post pictures.I lucked out and got one from a friend of mine for pouring concrete floor in his barn,it is like new,matching and has great bore.Lots of Mexican rifles have brass Id plate on heel of buttstock.THe ones that navy arms brought in had anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts