Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another display that I had posted on the old boards before they were superceded by this newest version. These trainers are based on at least one of the Murata service rifle designs, however, they are 4-6" shorter than their service rifle counterparts.

The top rifle is a small-scale T-13 Murata trainer. I gave it this designation because the bolt is retained inside the receiver in the same manner as a T-13 Murata rifle. The barrel is smooth.

The middle rifle has been designated as a "T-13/22" trainer. The bolt is retained in the same manner as the top rifle (like a T-13 Murata rifle), however, the front band is approximately the same in shape as a T-22 Murata rifle.

The bottom rifle is a smaller-scale version of the T-18 Murata rifle. Unlike the top and middle rifles, this variant has a rifled barrel.

The remaining training-related items include a couple of Meiji-Era training manuals, Murata rifle rounds, a youth cap, and a Murata training bayonet. The background flag was once the property of the Nakanishi Public Youth Training Center.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Those have to be some pretty scarce trainers, maybe even rare.

I recognize the hat device from 'The Last Samurai'; what did you think of that movie.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello 03man :
That is a pretty neat display of trainers from the Meiji era.
You have to admit that ole Hollywood has come a long way towards making war films as life like as can be, correct uniforms arms, background actors, settings, and so on.
My older kids used to love looking at films of the 40s and 50s and spot the errors such as using Mausers and Lugers for Japanese arms, modern trucks and tanks, oh how we loved such classics as Sands of Iwo Jima, I bombed Pearl Harbor, Rabaul and many other great B movies. Since the classics as Tora Tora Tora & Midway the quality and originality have improved so much. Also great efforts have been done to explain the viewpoint of the other side, we now see films that portray the human conflict and is no longer the black and white of the old days.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recognize the hat device from 'The Last Samurai'; what did you think of that movie.
The plot line was rather lame (Tom Cruise's character being abducted by a warlord), but overall I thought it was fairly enjoyable.

C/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts