Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made a quick video of me ringing my 12in steel target at 300m with my 1933 Izhevsk M91/30. I'm shooting the small target on the right. The one on the left is just a big cardboard box. I was talking to a guy online who didn't believe a typical Soviet made M91/30 would be accurate enough at 300m to make consistent hits, so I made this video. Fired 10rds and made 9 hits. First 5 rounds were Bulgarian surplus 148gr mild steel core, second 5rds were Barnaul 203gr soft point. Didn't add elevation for the heavy ball so I missed the first shot of it.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,688 Posts
Nice, very nice.

Reactions: Volkssturm45

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
Good shooting!

Reactions: Volkssturm45

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Some people, for some reason, are especially stupid with regards to Mosins. I guess it's just a matter of people being set in their ways with a particular mindset. I say that with regards to people saying the rifles are garbage.

I shot a very worn looking Type 53 at 300 yards and was able to ring steel with it. I have fairly poor eyesight at distances, and didn't have too much trouble hitting a steel plate at 300 using iron sights. I was wearing glasses or contacts. Doesn't matter thought as the rifle was easily capable of hitting the target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts