Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
The same yukky hair that my two sons, one daughter and one grandchild have.
Be thankful they don't have the same truck. Those Gamma Goats were a nightmare.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't need to tell me about nightmare i drove that thing for 4 years.. Notice no door you had to basically roll of the fender.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lived at Fort Bragg for 10 years while Father was in the service,,,Hammond Hills,,,Corregidor Courts and lastly at Anzio Acres,,,attended Fayetteville Senior High School which is now "Terry Sanford Consolidated School" ,,,,came home senior year to Georgia to graduate from my own school,,,,some one I work with now tells me that you can no longer just drive onto the base but they have actual gate guards on post now,,,SEMPER FI

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,422 Posts
Lived at Fort Bragg for 10 years while Father was in the service,,,Hammond Hills,,,Corregidor Courts and lastly at Anzio Acres,,,attended Fayetteville Senior High School which is now "Terry Sanford Consolidated School" ,,,,came home senior year to Georgia to graduate from my own school,,,,some one I work with now tells me that you can no longer just drive onto the base but they have actual gate guards on post now,,,SEMPER FI
I was visiting there about 14 years ago and they did not have gate guards at the time.

But Ft. Stuart used to be an open base, with state highways runnning throug the exercise areas. Neat to be going down the road and have to stop for various vehicles crossing the road. I understand that most, if not all, of these roads are now closed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On most if not all military bases they closed the roads and you have to show ID to get on to base the day of 9-11-01. It was about time they did it to. I was tired of people selling stuff that just drove on base and went walking around where ever they could.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not as far back, but this was Ft Bragg in the winter of 99 when I was there. The forecast at had called for snow and our unit was the only one that didn't pack up and head in. After the snow hit, we couldn't leave anyways because all the roads heading back into garrison were closed for two days. Talk about a real morale-builder...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Forgot to mention that I actually had it relatively good. The FDC truck in the first photo was mine and with the kerosene heater it got fairly warm inside. Plus you could warm up the vienna wieners you brought along as pogy-bait. The bunnies on the gunline had it a little tougher in the tents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts