Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How about a day of shooting at McMiller in Eagle, Wisconsin in the spring? It might be a little chilly, and hopefully the snow will be gone (doubt it). Here is McMillers website, located in southern/central Wisconsin. One hour from Madison, two from Chicago. Real nice facility...with indoor plumbing. I will get some personal pics of the place soon. I will check rules as far as grilling, reservations etc.

This is a "fly by the seat of your pants" shoot. All styles of shooters are invited. This is not a formal shoot. Thanks.

Future Shoots...
June 21st 2008
September 20th 2008

http://www.mcmillersportscenter.com/

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is that off I-43 near Delavan or is it the other way towards the Dells?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yeah, I remember the place now, I have relatives in Monroe. I used to go camping up by Broadhead on the Sugar River all the time. That would be a fun meet. When are you thinking?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,134 Posts
creepiE - Give me a holler as the date approaches. If I'm in town I'd be interested! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What type of shoot is it? I didn't see any info on their web site.
Thanks,
Pat
The website has a general description with distance/range and price.
The range is not sponsoring anything. This shoot is casual, non informal, bring whatever you like. A chance for people to meet, shoot, talk etc.
I am not a serious shooter, but maybe a couple will show and go from there.
I will post a sign, more than likely on the 50 and we can go from there. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I love the McMiller range. Used to go there all the time before moving to NC. My brother lives about 20 miles away, so I still go whenever I can when I'm back visiting family.

They don't seem to open the 200 yd range very often. Otherwise, no complaints.

Chris

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
Make plans to visit next month.;)
They no longer have a 200, they remodeled and thats now up to 300 yards but it's an extra fee.:mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just to let everyone know:

From the south: US Hwy 12 north from Elkhorn to WI Hwy 67 north (67 bares to the right at Hwy 20), follow 67 approximately six-seven miles to County NN, make a left (west), enterance is about a mile down on the right.

From the east (Milwaukee) two ways: 1. I94 west out of Milwaukee to Hwy 67 south, follow thru Eagle (ten miles) to county road NN, make a right (west), enterance is about a mile down on the right.
2. Hwy 20 off of I94 by Racine, follow west thru Waterford and East Troy to Hwy 67, turn right (north) on 67 approximately six miles to county road NN, make a left (west), about one mile down on the right.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Should make it round noon (if not earlier) who else is going and what we bring? Prolly an 8mm since I just bought a buttload of ammo and a no-date russian sks I just picked up, mak 90 and a mosin or 2

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
I'll be a no show.
I coach my sons little league team and we have a coaches meeting Saturday.

·
Copper Bullet Member
262 Posts
Darn it! I just found this post and I live right in Milwaukee. Unfortunately we have family coming in tomorrow, but I would love to do this if you plan on going at it again.

Have fun!

Joe

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Do I hear any calls for another one in June? We could help with the corn detassling by shooting them off, LOL
Hey Russ68, what's the 68 for?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do I hear any calls for another one in June? We could help with the corn detassling by shooting them off, LOL
Hey Russ68, what's the 68 for?
It was pretty nice out there today! I learned something new from the range officer today...He came over and felt the barrel of my Yugo K98, OUCH! That is too hot! "You should never shoot them so they get that hot!" The range officer stated. "Well what do you think they did in the trenches during the war, take a break and let them cool off?" I said. "No, they switched the barrels out." He said. Ok, nevermind.

If this can stay a sticky, June 20th will be much warmer! Thanks Vic and Tuco for letting us/me use this forum to have a good time.

It was a pleasure to meet Learjet and to see Tourtillr again. My neighbor came out and shot as well. I hope to meet some of you other guys, maybe at the next date.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts