Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are some superb well established collectors in Europe, and here in the US and Canada, so I am still trying to find a fraction of what they already have 馃榾 but having been away for so long I thought I might offer some images for interest.

DSC09041.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
and here are some 'relic' examples of 08 and 08/15. These were purchased in various shapes and forms and then re-built with other relic parts. So all original but once the damage and rust have been halted, I have painted them in black rust proof paint to preserve. Not a proper military WWI paint colour (althought the Belgian Army after WWI used captured Imperial MG items and painted them black) they still look rather good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
IMG_1645.jpg
nice view of the sled deck. If by any chance anyone has the sled deck tools (reamer and tongs) please contact me? AND even better the screw on caps that fit onto the jelly/oil box as shown.
Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dwmimages (197).jpg

a nice image of two Brits sneaking away with a combination. Officer of course is holding the easy end 馃榾

(adding MG imagery in the postcard/photograph section).

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes Sir all dug up or the old barn finds. All my relics so far have been auction or flea market purchases, all incomplete. The 08/15s for example had no woodwork left so they now have good condition stock and pistol grips so in some respects look a bit odd.
However some of the museums I have seen still have a great deal of 'stuff' in storage in reserve collections etc but they are stored beautifully and look as if they have just been placed on the shelf.
Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1280.jpg

An interesting MG noting the parts for zeppelin use, then converted to ground use. Fitted to a reasonably rare WWI trench mount.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
IMG_1827.jpg
Another combination with no accessories shown, note missing sled deck tools.

Registered
You have some interesting items. And to think 100 years ago these "state of the art" weapons were mowing people down in the trenches.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Cap (36) (510x326).jpg . A staged photo but interesting nonetheless. I especially like the chap who puts on his gas mask so that he becomes 'invisible'!

Registered
Photos from 2015 & 2016........

My sled mount is too awkward for me to get up from the basement, so I made some gadgetry to attach the one to a Finn Maxim tripod. Real handy, certainly easier to handle. Other gun came on what I think is a Swiss mount. My sled has the crank (???), lock boxes, barrel mounting but no grease boxes. It has a place for another gadget, but that one is missing.......

PJH

Donna & me doing it together, 10/15

Donna & her pal, Roger, he is a hospital rehab acquaintance.....he helps her get from place to place at these events.

Donna getting ready to pick up the empties......10/16

Registered
Here are a few pictures of my MG08/15 which has been fitted to function using a Belgium tripod.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Bill thanks for showing. At first I thought it was a bren AA tripod but on closer inspection it is not? Unless the Belgians adapted or made their own? Nice looking 08/15.
Mark

1 - 20 of 86 Posts