Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me for asking but this is a WW I site. So, Where can I get a flash cone and muzzle booster for a sled mounted Maxim 08? IMA has nothing and Allegheny arsenal does have a booster assembly but it is for the Maxim 08/15 model. Thanks for any reply and yes I will post in the WTB forum too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Makes perfect sense to post this on the WWI site! I used to be big into MG stuff and had a lovely 08/15 years ago. However, collecting and reenacting focus shifted and I parted with the gun and tons of accessories and parts years ago. My best sources for parts were not IMA or places like that but the more specialized MG and militaria dealers. I got my gun at Ohio Ordnance and they always had lots of stuff but their prices were pretty steep. Your best bet would be to simply spend some time crusing the net and finding MG sites. I wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble finding a booster but expect to pay a lot. Sorry I can't be of more substantive help. You might also want to give the guys at Great War Militaria a call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.