Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Max show this morning in Pittsburgh. Overall I think a well represented show relative to Japanese firearms and militaria.
A great deal of rifles, including t99's, t38's, t14's, t2's, t94's, t99 sniper and trainers were encountered. Prices were all over the board, mostly residing on the high side. Early t99's with the goodies, mum and mismatched bolt starting at 450.00. Matching 31st, with mum and mismatched DC, with sling, 650.00. Sanded matching, mummed, t38 carbine, 5th Nag, with matching DC, 600.00. I did pick up a 8 th Nag and a 37 TJK, both matching for 275.00. So there were a few deals.
T14's I saw were 700+ with holster for common mid war variations, and I think this specific one had a MM clip.
T2's were nose bleed territory, most I thought were not in the condition you usually see,( could be the lighting which sucks for color temperature and FC). One t2 mismatched bolt, mummed with two other t 99 bolts, and yes a scrubbed stock, 2200.00.
I saw one t99 sniper, a nagoya serial number 7070, I think with a MM but correct bolt. Again the light was terrible. Did not get the price on that one. About 6 scopes were seen with two others trading last night. A little info for VIC S.
Lots of helmets, uniforms, helmets and etc. do not really spend the time to look and price.
Did see Jareth H's table in the back there with a CC t99 for sale, however both times I checked back he was not there to meet him. He had 850.00 I believe on the CC if I had the funds, I think I would have bought it.
I only spent 2.5 hrs at the show before I departed. I have a son in the hospital and wanted to get back to him.
Good show to look and if you are into German, as well as Japanese, well worth your time.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have never seen as much Japenese stuff at one show in all the years I've gone to shows. If you're close to Pittsburgh, it would be worth your time.
Joe

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Jeff :
I truly hope that you might have written down the data on them there scopes, ( positive attitude helps ! ). Regarding Nagoya 99 # 7070 it was reported back in 1995 as mum ground, with an earlier stock with drain holes and a monopod, with two scopes that fitted it a 4X and a cut-back. Then on 12/06 it was seen at Valley Forge Show, mismatch bolt without a scope. I guess it is still making the rounds.
Vicasoto

·
Silver Bullet member
28,887 Posts
What seems to be the going rate on T94s up there? For some reason they just suddenly leaped in prices far above T14s (which were not exactly bargains to begin with).

Gomen Nesai Vic, I saw two Type 97s at the MD Arms Collector Show back in March and wrote down their data--and then lost the slip of paper.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What seems to be the going rate on T94s up there? For some reason they just suddenly leaped in prices far above T14s (which were not exactly bargains to begin with).

Gomen Nesai Vic, I saw two Type 97s at the MD Arms Collector Show back in March and wrote down their data--and then lost the slip of paper.
Pittsburg is just too far, since sunday I am flying to Wisonsin for work (and back Tuesday, early). Otherwise, boy, I'd be there in a heartbeat! :)

I have noticed the T94's going up in price, a shame, I knew I should'a bought a couple last year :p

Oh, and I wrote a unknown simson down, all the pertanent info, wrote it on a business card, the next guy I met, i gave him my busienss card... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Dear Jeff, sorry I missed you! Wish you would of called me on my cell as I left number on a large card at my table. I was running around for three days straight & boy do my feet hurt! For me it was a bad show. I personally thought there wasn't as much Japanese military as previous MAX shows. I saw one very interesting school marked type 38 rifle. I won't bother with the details because I looked at it & was quoted $500. Went back to buy it & dealer said it was $650. I said he'd quoted me $500.! He said "then you should of bought it then". Nedless to say I walked away. Only thing I bought was a dam brush cover for squad leaders cleaning kit. They're alwys missing! Sucks being an "advanced" (forgive me I'm still pissed off) collector!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Jareth You Got A "cell phone" now. Doing a little catch up on technology huh LOL

See you at the Ag Hall

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Ed, I've had one for 3 1/2 years. I held out until my wife got pregnant & I needed to be availible 24/7. Since then I dropped my land line in my office & switched that number over to the cell. In case anyone asks...no camera phone.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,012 Posts
Maybe a camera will be next - Gads! Jareth, you're not Amish or something are you?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jareth, I did think of calling you, however really did not want to inconvenience you having you come back to your table just to say hello.
I still think it was a good show and yes comparring to pasts Max shows you are right less Japanese.
Jeff

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Ed, I've had one for 3 1/2 years. I held out until my wife got pregnant & I needed to be availible 24/7. Since then I dropped my land line in my office & switched that number over to the cell. In case anyone asks...no camera phone.
I like how you used the term "until my wife got pregnant" Did you have anything to do with that? LOL

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Just came back last night from a marathon MAX and JAG show tour. The MAX was a nice show with loads of military stuff (duh..), but more important was just great to be able to meet with the Banzai guys like Jareth, Greg Babich, Scott Elkin, Ray Labar and Eric Doody. The T-38 that Jareth refers to was indeed interesting, a 2mm serial number range Nagoya which had the mum cleanly scrubbed off by the arsenal and school marked. Nice condition, but at $650, a bit of a stretch.
I bought some ordnances like a couple of cluster bombs, two carrying tubes for the T-91 grenade and a great big Navy bomb fuse (last two from Greg).
Wally, who I was travelling with, caught a real nice Kokura T-97 rig including a Kokura serial number marked scope with carrying case that includes the shoulder and waist strap. He got it at a dirt cheap price, and I manhandled it off of Wally with plenty of profit for him, but still a steal for me.
The JAG show was also good, and picked up some great stuff at unbelievable prices. More on that later.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Jareth,
I have one in college(daughter) and twin boys at home (15) so I'm paying in a different way.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,012 Posts
Maybe it's a good thing I don't live back there with all these kick ass shows (or am a world traveler like Edokko) - I'd be living in a tent! The internet is bad enough. :)

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
A-dogs, tent or no tent, you gotta go to the SOS on Feb, you just have to !! Just walking into that huge show full of militaria, with that distinct buzz, makes your heart beat faster and eyes glitter. 'tis a rush that only true collectors will understand.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,012 Posts
A-dogs, tent or no tent, you gotta go to the SOS on Feb, you just have to !! Just walking into that huge show full of militaria, with that distinct buzz, makes your heart beat faster and eyes glitter. 'tis a rush that only true collectors will understand.
Wow! So far I've only ever gotten that "rush" at the Great Western show and at a few of the Tulsa shows - especially when the early Banzai group was setup there.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
OK Edokko & arisakadogs :
Are you guys trying to pull my leg there ? tis a rush ????....... are you guys talking about the next day after the Banzai get together / shochu / Ole Milwaukee extravaganza ?.
Looks like as soon as I get wheels gotta hit them shows, what a way to celebrate my retirement.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Maybe it's a good thing I don't live back there with all these kick ass shows (or am a world traveler like Edokko) - I'd be living in a tent! The internet is bad enough. :)
They have some really nice tents these days. I don't think they are making anymore "Firearms of the Rising Sun". :D

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey ariskadogs :

Guess Who ?, looks like we ought to pool resources and drive our Harleys to all them BIG shows !, gee if we put a side car on your iron I can occupy the bitch seat and Edokko can ride in the car fixing us sochus in sake cups while we sing Kimigayo and God Bless America along the highways..... it's worth considering..... maybe smiling eh ? :))
Vicasoto

1 - 20 of 21 Posts