Gunboards Forums banner
81 - 100 of 677 Posts
Lastly is my Spanish FR-8 with correct sling and bayonet. Rifle was made in 1956, but not sure on when it was converted to FR-8 configuration. Neat, handy little rifle and reasonably accurate too. Purchased it from a local gunshop. Funny story about the sling. After I bought this and my buddy saw it and handled it he fell in love with it. He told me if I ever saw another one to let him know so he could get it. Well not a few weeks after I bought mine, another one comes into the same shop. I noticed this new one had a sling on it and the one I bought didn't. So being friends with the shop owner, I gave him $20 for the sling and then called my buddy to come down and get his new FR-8. I figured since I was more of a collector, and my friend was more of a shooter, he wouldn't mind too much. He still ribs me about it sometimes though! Hey, atleast I told him about it right?

Polish Wz.98a

Only one I was able to afford.Dot 98k handguard,had a 98K bolt in it,put a straight bolt in and a mag spring and follower.Blood pitting or not on barrel and bands,and lots of discoloration on the stock where whatever it was ran down the stock.I was glad to have found one and the price was right-175.00

yup like a G-98M with slightly different Lower band and the higher curve in the rear sight base;The harder one to find is the G-98 copy with Radom crest-Seems to have early date of 1922-23 only seen 2 ever,since 1987.Hopefully JimmyC will post pictues of his tgf marked Cz postwar mauser,or NateG513 can get pics of the Bolivian B-50 98K

Discussion starter · #84 · (Edited)
German K98k carbine, 7.92X57. Made by Mauser in 1939. Stock mismatch, action self matching, stock self matching. Action is 1939 U block Oberndorf, stock is 1938 U block Oberndorf. I bought this from the vet and saved it from Bubba-vet who had sporterized the stock. Replica sling, correct bayonet, scabbard, and frog. My second Mauser after a Chilean M1895 rifle which I put in a sporter stock, had reblued, altered the bolt handle, put on a low scope safety, and mounted a scope. At the time (1962) they were common and I thought it was OK, since it wasn't German. I repented of my sin and much later bought another Chilean M1895 short rifle which I will forever keep original!

Attachments

Argentine 1933

For the Buenos Aires Police In 7.65 Argentine. Not quite sure how many were made.
The sling came with it so I left it on.
KG

Discussion starter · #86 · (Edited)
Spanish M1943 rifle, 7.92X57. Made in 1946 by La Coruna. Bolt mismatch, no import marks, has bayonet lug adapter for old style bayonets. Correct sling, Bolo bayonet, scabbard, and frog.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #88 · (Edited)
Venezuelan FN1930 rifle, 7X57. Made c.1937 by FN, only s/n is on receiver, VZ24 Romanian bolt, no import marks. Rear sling swivel placement indicates pre WWII rather than post WWII. Swedish sling, correct FN1924 short bayonet, scabbard, and replica frog.

Attachments

Only because of the very limited info available. One site that has info on the Moroccan carbines declares that the rear bottom swivel should rotate 360. Mine does not. Maybe that was a later variation. Carbine fits what you can find about them and Ball does not have much. Maybe the stock is correct for a carbine this early. Fits perfectly and I can't complain.

LB

Discussion starter · #92 · (Edited)
Columbian FN1950 rifle, 7.62X63 (.30-06). Made c.1960 by FN. All matching, with muzzle cover, imported by Springfield Sporters. Argentine sling, correct FN1924 short bayonet, scabbard, and Yugo frog. Like new.

Attachments

Geladen,

Great idea.

Matching and original Mauser model 1930 near the last made, Red Nine with 1917 leather and correct stock, no cracks. No import marks. Bringbacks?

As good as they look. Both came packed with cosmo and are as manufactured, never messed with.

Luger is a Mauser S42/37, Russian capture. Matching cept' for three small parts. Tight like new. All three shoot great.

Field glasses are WWI German machine gunner pieces issued to NCO's and also the Red Nine. The ones on the left are made by Zeiss and very clear. Pair on the right made by Spindler and Hoyer with matching case and leather. Lucky to get these Mauser accessories a few years ago. Less than a hundred apiece for the binocs with cases. Work perfectly. Had an Austrian co-worker translate the original instruction sheet. Quick primer on how to operate the glasses and much about NEVER trying to take them apart. Have tried with no damage, ya' just can't do it. Waterproof.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Lancebear

Discussion starter · #95 · (Edited)
Yugoslovian M1924 rifle, 7.92X57. Made in 1933 by Kragujevac. Mismatched, bolt 4266 numbers off receiver, imported by Navy Arms. Correct Yugo sling, M24 long bayonet, scabbard, and frog. Finally, a bayonet on which a Yugo frog is correct!

Attachments

Geladen,

Your name is on the left side of my Luger's receiver:).

Here's something ya' don't hear about everyday...in the spare spring pouch of the leather of the Red Nine is a five inch long lock of very old blond hair, no BS. Thought it was some old straw or something, fished it out carefully with a dental pic and realized what it was. Thought it was creepy at first and then realized that it is nice. Soldier going off to war was gifted with a lock of his wife's, daughter's, or girlfriend's hair to keep him company in hard times.

Red Nine will only leave my cold dead hands...1930 with correct stock, right price might take it home.

Anybody else have nice Broomhandles here? Have loved them since seeing them in library books as a kid. Never thought I'd have one or two.

Thanks Geladen,

LB

To everyone posting here, thanks!! One thing I've found out is that I need to start collecting pistols :D. Seriously, for someone like me who still has a long way to go, seeing all these different types has been a big help. Here's a matching Persian carbine. I still need to find the brass fitting for the stock cutout, a sling and a bayonet. Would a bayonet for a regular rifle be proper for this carbine?
Thanks,
Dan

Brazilian 1894

Made by Loewe. My first non-98 action that I ever shot. As long as I do my part this 115 year old still puts the rounds on the paper.
KG

Gew 98

Can anyone help me out here? I have a rifle left to me by my father, who was in WW2, Korea and Vietnam, and I just recently decided to see if i could use this for hunting as he did for many years.

The top stamp is; DEUTSCHEWAFFEN-UND, MUNITIONSFABRIKEN, BERLIN, 1917

On the left side is; 1865, GEW .98.

There are numerous stamps in the metal and wood including 30-06 (Which I assume is the caliper) and 78 on the plate and bolt. There are also what appears to be brands or pics with some numbers next to some of them.

I'm not even remotely close to being a good authority on the Mauser, but know that these are some of the finest rifles ever made. With that being said, I certainly do not want to take this thing out in the woods, when it should be hanging on my wall or left to stand in my gun locker for show only.

I can get pics if it would help someone help me.

81 - 100 of 677 Posts