Gunboards Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
61 Posts
OMG. And from grownups, at that.

If MB and GC are in fact what's claimed why not just iggy them and be done with it. It would seem (to me at least) that taking the time to respond to them is more wasteful than productive. One of my personal "Rules to Live By" is to ALWAYS do my best to ignore ignorance.

MB .. GC ... after the number of posts the two of you have on the boards just to get this kind of response from the others, right or not you only have yourself to blame for the treatment you get. Another of my "Rules" is that I never hang around someplace I'm not wanted. I find it hard to believe that there aren't other boards out there that support your political views.

Now, if all of you go through all of this just for fun, cause you have nothing better to do with your time than argue back and forth with ppl that you don't like very much, well then that's different and I'll just step back and let you have at it ... if you'll pardon me for not hanging around to watch (read) it.

Anyway, thanks to those who responded to my posts .. BBQ, EricOkc
(BBQ, tell your daughter "Thanks" for her service ... from a stranger who's merchant seaman father always had the highest respect for the Coasties.)

Godspeed and goodluck to you all .. I'm going back to lurker status.

Jester

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,781 Posts
Don't forget Hogswatch. Leave out a glass of sherry for the Hogfather and turnips for Gouger, Rooter, Tusker and Snouter, and I'm sure you'll get that Ghastly Omnian Inquisition Torture Chamber with Wind-up Rack and nearly Real Blood that you've always wanted.

In other words, loosen up. There are very good reasons for holidays, like bringing a bit of joy and fun into your grim world and forgetting the twisted inner misery of your own particular existence for a day. Try it. It may do you some good.

Work on it, try to make every day a celebration, and you might do the rest of us some good.

And Aquilifer sends you his season's greetings; Io Saturnalia!
Hogswatch? Hogswatch? What about the Soul-cake Duck, I ask you? And watch out for Susan - she has been known to use a poker...

· Registered
2,292 Posts
like my old pastor in church used to tell me back in the 70's.... a peace sign was some kind of pagan/cult/anti-CHRIST symbol. i'm sure it was to him, he was about 60, i was maybe 16...... but to me, it was just a peace sign, nothing else.

Actually, it is the combined semaphore for "N" and "D"... as in "nuclear disarmament".

· Gold Bullet member
1,154 Posts
We've got kettles and we've got pots. Regarding politics, we've got a whole lot of kettles, and only a few pots. MB is a pot.

To avoid any problems I'll go ahead and disclaim that M1a is neither a kettle or a pot, but an ivory colored soup ladle. :)

· Platinum Bullet Member
9,160 Posts
Hi FALM16. I graduated from a christian H/S so I heard all of the arguments, too. All you can do is what you did. Just keep trying. I congratulate you. I always liked Jesus Christ Superstar. Still watch it, too. The music is great. It's all about the way Judas viewed Christ. I have never understood the problem people have with it. What would you expect Judas Iscarot to say? I thought it was very well done.i
Actually during that period you would of paid a tax upon entereing Jerusalem. Judas was Christ go to guy so he would of went to pay the Temple Tax to the Pharisee which the reader will see Christ eventually brought up. It is obvious that Judas was Jesus's "go to" man to get things like this done. Seeing as how it Judas who did this it would make sense that Christ would have him turned in as well. During this time period the Pharisee's would pay silver for information etc.... It was customary to reward folks when they did this otherwise they would not do it more than likely. SO why not??? Christ would send his most trusted disciple who had already interacted with the Temple Pharisee's to give away his location. I think it is easier for folks to blame Judas for doing what he did than possibly understanding he did exactly what Christ wanted him to do. Cannot say its certain but it makes more sense than what we have been subjected to for years ;)

· Read Only
4,633 Posts
Kinda makes you wonder....

...how much is goin' on here that couldn't be covered by the old observation that:

"I am sorry, sirrah, that you are offended. Obviously, you did not comprehend what I meant, though, since I am far from perfect, what emerged from my pen was not precisely what I intended...."

I am, in many ways, glad that these interactions are happening in cyberspace instead of at a physical location. Were we in one another's actual presence, as opinionated as we are, I suspect there would be some physical damage, and, perhaps, a modicum of burned powder. It is a pity, in my opinion, that we ever outlawed the old Code Duello....

Having gotten that off my chest, I ask how your church would treat a bearded barefoot stranger, none too clean, with a tangled beard, carrying all his belongings on his back, and followed by a dozen others just like him. It complicates matters that this individual looks with gaping incomprehension when you address him in English, and responds in a tongue you do not know. Would you invite him and his followers into your church?

· Silver Bullet member
36,347 Posts
I ask how your church would treat a bearded barefoot stranger, none too clean, with a tangled beard, carrying all his belongings on his back, and followed by a dozen others just like him. It complicates matters that this individual looks with gaping incomprehension when you address him in English, and responds in a tongue you do not know. Would you invite him and his followers into your church?
How much he gonna donate? For enough $ we'd let him do anything short of making us a target for the Israeli Air Force.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.